E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 m3 100K miles, E46 M3 DSC + ABS + red Brake + Tire Pressure Monitor lights on all of a sudden. Got BMW codes 118 and 115 on the reader. Has anyone had this isse? I have CSL replica 19 inch rims with a drop. Please help!

·
Registered
498 Posts
When did they come on? While you were driving? When you first started the car? If so, what was the car doing in the hour or two before you started it? Just sitting there? Were you doing something to the car? sitting in it? pressing the brake pedal repeatedly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 02 m3 100K miles, E46 M3 DSC + ABS + red Brake + Tire Pressure Monitor lights on all of a sudden. Got BMW codes 118 and 115 on the reader. Has anyone had this isse? I have CSL replica 19 inch rims with a drop. Please help!
They all have one thing in common.... road speed. Like the other member said, traction control. A wheel speed sensor (or ring) may be bad. Most likely cause is the DSC module, iv seen these take a dump around 02. There are other causes too but those i mention is most prob cause.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i had a similar problem even the brakes werent working properly and my car was sluggish as if my car was driving with the ebrake on. it turned out to be my DSC module. after it was replaced car was fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Start right here... I had all these faults, cleaned the wheel speed sensor and they all stopped...

Clean them, check their connections and see if your errors go away.
Mine did the same thing... after a burnout... they randomly went away. Then came back, then went away when I got all my tires changed. So yeah, hopefully they won't come back. :facepalm:

·
Registered
119 Posts
So just had this happen to my car driving it this morning. Roads were moist and it was roughly 33 degrees out. When I shift gears (SMG) the 4 lights mentioned would flash and go away. After i dropped my son off, and turned off the car and restarted it, it did not do it on way home.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Check brake fluid level? Make sure the switch works, when the cap is removed the float drops, turning on the switch, which should light up the low brake fluid icon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts