E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2004 BMW m3 with the mk2 navigation unit. The unit cannot find satellites and when accessing the "secret" menu it shows gps malfunction. So I searched and took apart my trunk liner and I could not find the Trimble unit for the mk2 and I noticed the cable that goes from the antenna to Trimble was left unplugged by the nav unit itself in trunk area drivers side. I purchased a Trimble from eBay but now when I go to install it I can't find the black 12pin plug that plugs into the Trimble! I'm so confused. Every part site and help I've researched says the car during that year was only available with the mk2 unit-which the mk2 unit needs the Trimble! So where does it plug in? Is the Trimble located somewhere else rather than the trunk drivers side where cd player/nav cd player/ radio are? I'm hoping someone can help me and please no "just upgrade to a mk4 unit" responses. I know it's a better unit but I'd rather try to use existing unit. And I don't want to fork out $500-600 on mk4! I hope someone can help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts