The cluster fits right in and works. Problems tho:kidplatinum said:I was curious if anyone knows if I can use an E46 M3 cluster on my 03 ZHP 330i, also wanted to know if any mods would be needed. If anyone has performed this could they please shed light to help me out.
braymond141 said:The cluster fits right in and works. Problems tho:
1. Getting your dealer to admit its possible to reflash with the new mileage will be your hardest venture.
2. You need to change the speedo cable sensor to adjust to the 180mph speedo, unless you want it to say you're doing 100 when you're only doing 70.
3. The traction control light always stays lit, no fix was found for that.
4. The oil temp gauge can do 3 of things: Not work, work as oil temp, or work as the fuel consumption gauge did before. No one has commented which does which for what reason, but Automatic coupes seem to get the oil temp thing going on. My 330i 2001 did nothing.
5. the Rev seems to be fairly accurate, but the warm up lights do not work as they do in the M3.
6. It wont register your 4 doors, I forget what it did when i opened all my doors, something stupid as i recall.
All in all, it's a pain in the ass. I just jacked the needles from it, but since you have a ZHP you already have orange needles
BTW, I wont be a search **** like so many are. But i found this all out 5 months ago using search. :thumbup:
vaio76109 said:What would be the point of doing this?