E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was curious if anyone knows if I can use an E46 M3 cluster on my 03 ZHP 330i, also wanted to know if any mods would be needed. If anyone has performed this could they please shed light to help me out.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
kidplatinum said:
I was curious if anyone knows if I can use an E46 M3 cluster on my 03 ZHP 330i, also wanted to know if any mods would be needed. If anyone has performed this could they please shed light to help me out.
The cluster fits right in and works. Problems tho:

1. Getting your dealer to admit its possible to reflash with the new mileage will be your hardest venture.

2. You need to change the speedo cable sensor to adjust to the 180mph speedo, unless you want it to say you're doing 100 when you're only doing 70.

3. The traction control light always stays lit, no fix was found for that.

4. The oil temp gauge can do 3 of things: Not work, work as oil temp, or work as the fuel consumption gauge did before. No one has commented which does which for what reason, but Automatic coupes seem to get the oil temp thing going on. My 330i 2001 did nothing.

5. the Rev seems to be fairly accurate, but the warm up lights do not work as they do in the M3.

6. It wont register your 4 doors, I forget what it did when i opened all my doors, something stupid as i recall.

All in all, it's a pain in the ass. I just jacked the needles from it, but since you have a ZHP you already have orange needles :cry:

BTW, I wont be a search **** like so many are. But i found this all out 5 months ago using search. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
braymond141 said:
The cluster fits right in and works. Problems tho:

1. Getting your dealer to admit its possible to reflash with the new mileage will be your hardest venture.

2. You need to change the speedo cable sensor to adjust to the 180mph speedo, unless you want it to say you're doing 100 when you're only doing 70.

3. The traction control light always stays lit, no fix was found for that.

4. The oil temp gauge can do 3 of things: Not work, work as oil temp, or work as the fuel consumption gauge did before. No one has commented which does which for what reason, but Automatic coupes seem to get the oil temp thing going on. My 330i 2001 did nothing.

5. the Rev seems to be fairly accurate, but the warm up lights do not work as they do in the M3.

6. It wont register your 4 doors, I forget what it did when i opened all my doors, something stupid as i recall.

All in all, it's a pain in the ass. I just jacked the needles from it, but since you have a ZHP you already have orange needles :cry:

BTW, I wont be a search **** like so many are. But i found this all out 5 months ago using search. :thumbup:

Finally someone that's not a :search: wh0re.

You in Newport? Me too :thumbup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just curious, my cluster will not reset and I guess if I got to get a new one maybe I will upgrade. After reading about all the headaches I most likely will pass and get OEM for ZHP.

vaio76109 said:
What would be the point of doing this?

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
kidplatinum said:
just curious, my cluster will not reset and I guess if I got to get a new one maybe I will upgrade. After reading about all the headaches I most likely will pass and get OEM for ZHP.
Warranty should cover that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts