BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard several people on this board state that if someone drills through your driver side door and opens it up it deactives the factory OEM alarm becuase it thinks the key is being used. I locked my car door and opened the door with the key and my alarm went off. I also contacted BMW so that they were aware of this problelm and they stated it all has to do with how they activiated your alarm. If they set your alarm so that the key in the door deactivates it then you need to go get your alarm redone. Drilling through the door does not deactivate your alarm unless your alarm is set to deactivate when the drives door is opened. (which is pretty stupid) I just thought everyone should know.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way my horn doesnt go off when my alarm goes off, all i get is that cheap whistling noise. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
BMW Land Barge
1,376 Posts
I don't know what's been stated here, but on other forums it's been stated that it requires VERY little effort to deactivate the alarm once the thief is inside the car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way my horn doesnt go off when my alarm goes off, all i get is that cheap whistling noise. Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone know how to make the whistling noise louder?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts