E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if any of you are like me your tired of the yellow interior lighting inside your car. I would like to know has anyone changed the interior lights to LED lights. Post pictures! Also if you have any other cool lights let me see!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No pics but I made the switch to interior LEDs and it looks surprisingly good. There is a thread on this in the vert subforum where I list the set I bought, and others listed theirs too. Don't have the information about the set I bought handy at this time.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Bought the Khoalty LEDs, cheapest kit of all the vendors. The 12 LED dome light is ridiculously bright, the 18 LED dome light would probably illuminate my entire street at night.

There are tons of threads on this, search for pics.

·
Because Race...Convertible?
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,348 Posts
Did the LEDs. One of those $25 things from ebay. Awesome white LED color. Takes a few years off the interior. Also the extra light in the trunk at night is invaluable. Only complaint is that the dome light above head uses 3 individual small LEDs, and only one is lit when opening the door. So the dome lighting is a bit weak. Other than that, love them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice that ebay kit is the same one I'm thinking of getting and also the license plate lights. I really want to know how the Xenon Headlights look at 6000k. 8000k might be a little too blue for me but I keep getting totally different colors when I search them. I just want something slightly bluer than the OEM Xenons.

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,348 Posts
The license leds are good too. I do need to fix my xenons though. Need to figure out how to get the bulbs out. In the reflection of cars in front of me they appear to be different colors.

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,348 Posts
Wattage is brightness and energy usage. For instance I have 100W fogs and they can pretty much be headlights. Temperature is the 6000k number. 6000k is pretty much white, anything higher and youll start getting blue, then purple.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Only complaint is that the dome light above head uses 3 individual small LEDs, and only one is lit when opening the door. So the dome lighting is a bit weak. Other than that, love them.
Get the Khoalty 12 LED dome light!

I tried the individual LEDs in the dome light to start, the output was pathetic. Checkout this link for how bright it is!

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=441357

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You'd be surprised, but to me, 6K lights have a blue-ish tint to the "white". Seach for pics online.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts

·
Turbo ZHP Convertible
1,348 Posts
Right yeah ive done that. I think you know what I mean, with that one minuscule led currently in the center. Worthless.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
just ordered this off Khoalty

Concerns:

-Where does interior led resistor install to?
-why did it ask about tail lights? i currently have led tails eagle eye, but confused as to why they need to know
AFAIK it is for the foot wells, some cars trip the light out warning with LEDs in the foot well, then you'll need to use the resistor fool the ECU.

The kit includes lights in the trunk, which are different based on your tail lights.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.