BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OG Fanatic
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still own the e46 JL Audio Stealthbox? They were the two 8” subwoofers that were mounted under the rear deck.

I am installing a set on my e46 M3 with navigation; however, I had these installed in my e46 330ci w/o navigation years ago, but I am trying to see how people fit the driver side (left side) felt panel back in with the navigation. I recall years ago that the trim needed to be modified to fit. Photo are what i found on the Internet, no my own car.
03308BFD-EC92-43D4-AC6F-3C89C487CA3E.jpeg
A3599AC2-CE46-4834-83BA-0D41686E46E6.jpeg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had these installed not too long ago. I believe I trimmed the bracket that mount the Bluetooth module or I removed it all together

·
OG Fanatic
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i took out the large metal bracket that holds the OEM amp, tuner, and Bluetooth module and bought the OEM amp bracket for e46 w/o navigation, plastic tray and new carpet felt. I have an AVIN headunit now and didnt need those peices any longer. Did you trim the OEM carpet at all?

·
OG Fanatic
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assumed you let the carpet felt on the left buckel a bit to fit, or does it fit without any issue

·
Registered
147 Posts
No trimming of the oem carpet. I did push it in a bit I believe. I replaced it with a bsw subwoofer and the carpet pushed right back out

·
OG Fanatic
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Using AVIN Avant 4 Headunit, JL Audio 500/1 Amp, I’ve had the JL Stealthboxes since 2004, and replaced the woofers with JL Audio 8W1v3-4

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was running these pioneer subs in my stealth boxes and they just didn’t give me enough bass so I had to switch them up. Good luck

·
OG Fanatic
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the JL 8W1v3-4 are ok and hit lower, but they are not loud by any means. I ended up just reusing the Navigation Felt trim and bought the OEM standalone HK amp bracket. It fits; however the latch doesnt open easily, but its ok for now. Thank you for your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts