BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here are the odd symptoms of my e46 330ci:

>When the weather is warm enough to heat up the exterior of the car the interior dome/floor/rear seating lights turn on and off, at times they flick, sometimes almost intermittent. no matter if the car is off or on.

>No door indicators are present
>Lights do not fade off and on just blink on then off at random rates.
>when the doors open the lights come on and most times turn right off and blink again.

Any idea of what this may be? it driving me crazy!

Please give me feedback!

·
Registered
536 Posts
What do you mean heat up exterior of the car temp wise ? All of our light housings are cheap plastic and dont hold together well especially the ones in the back seat. Depending how warm we are talking, the housing could be expanding deforming, Check your connections. Or pull all the light housings out and wiggle until you find a bad connection. The lights in my trunk flashed on and off. I ended up soldering extra material on my contacts to build up the thickness and help make a firmer connection. No problems since. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just when it gets warm outside, (i live in washington, seattle) doesnt get very warm here... I found a odd issue with my miring harness that hooks to my sunroof motor, dome light, and bluetooth (hansfree speaker). when i pulled on it, my dashlights (radio, gears, climate controls) except. for the speedo lights. Are these lights supose to always be on, when the key is in the ignition? or no? Otherwise can anyone tell me where i can get this wiring harness?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was the Part of the harness behind the main dome light. i was pulling on it and everything would flicker. it must have been grounding out on the car frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts