E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BMWERKEN said:
It should...the only issue you might have is having it fit behind your headlights as they are shaped differently than the pre-facelift coupes. It really depends on the CAI cause I know GruppeM's have a little trouble fitting...
I think he bought it from active autowerks..im not sure though what kind it is..

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
325bimmer said:
I think he bought it from active autowerks..im not sure though what kind it is..
If it's from AA, then it's most likely an ECIS intake. In that case it should fit, but if you are concerned, it literally takes 15 minutes or so to install it, ask him if you can have it tested fitted first.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your right..it is an ecis intake.
Do those give any noticeable hp gains? Do you think $200 is a good price for a used one?

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
ecis used to be the big intake around here until the Gruppe M came along..its decent for the price...they go for $325 [email protected] AA Tuning...so I guess $200 isnt bad but the filter is like$40-50 if you need a new, which Id get since its been used for a while unless he's cleaned it...

·
Millennium Bankers Mortgage
5,257 Posts
325bimmer said:
your right..it is an ecis intake.
Do those give any noticeable hp gains? Do you think $200 is a good price for a used one?

Yes there is some HP gain. The ECIS website says 6-9 HP. I just installed one and it feels awsome, you should not have any fitment problems. I would ask him to drop the price to $150, thats what used ECIS intakes are going for these days. Hopefully I helped you in some of the questions you had

Merwin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts