E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an ‘02 325ci convertible that I swapped the OEM halogen headlights out for a set of OEM bi-xenon headlights. The problem is, when I go to turn the lights on they do any of the three: 1.)Turn on steady for anywhere from 5-15 seconds then flicker and turn off 2.)Flicker then turn off 3.)Not turn on at all.
Now I understand there are many people who have asked similar if not the same questions and there are thousands of posts on here pertaining to this. But have search wide and far on these forums and the internet and ready just about every post I could find with no direct help or solution. So I figured I’d create a post to ask the best of the best
From my understanding, I need the LCM/LSZ/LSK or whatever it’s referred to as, recoded for xenons or bi-xenons from the default halogen setting. The problem with that being is I can’t find anywhere to have that done. My local dealership said that it can’t be done and “the lights the car comes with are the lights that stay on it”, the surrounding dealerships don’t perform the coding service.
I will take any and all help and advice anyone can provide. I’m based out of northeast Ohio if anyone around knows a place I can have them coded. Thank you guys

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
8,049 Posts
1. The basic connectors and housing are the same, so you can swap to xenon
2. You have to change the VO using NCSExpert or code out the check with bmw scanner
3. If you are ambitious, you can fully install the xenons:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.