E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my e46 330i a few months ago as a project...the car came with a set of xenon headlights that were brand new but when I attempted to install them I found the smaller connector that goes into the control module is not there. I'm assuming it would be a connector that came in xenon-equipped cars only but I have little to no knowledge of these cars lighting systems. any and all educated help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2005 330xi Auto, 2006 330ci Vert Auto
1,285 Posts
Did the car originally come with Xenon from the factory? Do you know if these brand new Xenon headlights were meant to be replacements of the factory lights or ?

·
Premium Member
2000 328i ZSP Manual
538 Posts
Control module? I assume you mean the xenon ballast module. If your car came from the factory with Halogen lighting, and your converting to Xenon units you might wanna search in the lighting forums.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The smaller connector on the ballast is for the high beam shutter and xenon diagnostics I believe.

The solo pin of the three pins on the right headlight should be connected to pin 2 and the left headlight to pin 36 on the LCM plug for correct factory operation.
Electrical wiring Audio equipment Font Gauge Gas

(ignore the +12v for high beam, that pin should be wired to the LCM plug)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts