BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today I was taking off the fuel rail and think I may have broke an injector in the POS of cyl 6...

Do I need to re code injectors if I just replace them all?

Can I use 42lb EV1 injectors to replace them?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Unless you reprogram the DME for different injectors, and replace all of them, it wont work. I'm also against replacing one injector with a new one, and keeping the other 5 with xxx miles. You will have very different flow patterns from the old to new. You could get a "New" used one, and have them serviced at an injector shop, or replace all of them new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He just said u didn't need to re program the injectors? I plan to replace them all so are you saying I can or can't replace them with 42lb and be safe? If the ECU controls flow shouldn't matter right? Thank you

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm not sure what size the oem injectors are, but 42s are pretty big. The computer can only do so much to pull fuel out. You'd likely hit the lean correction limit and throw a code. There are sets of refurbished injectors (ultrasonically cleaned with new baskets and o rings) for like $60 on ebay. Putting in bigger injectors on a stock car is pointless and the car would likely run worse, especially in open loop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts