E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the money up to finish my car. Gf bought me the hood for Christmas and is returning the end of the month so i decided to finish the car!!! :clap:

Time for a beer.

Admiring the work.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice good sh1t!!!! lookin real good
do you guys go to meets over there in queens to???
thanks bro. i always hear about them after its all done. but you'll def. see me out by next week.:woot:

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New pics with elbach drop springs

gf bought you it huh? I'm going to show this thread to my gf :eeps: haha
:clap:Yep! the best in the world! :clap::loco:

Heres a few finished product pics. I'll take a few with the rear i just a little excited with the front. Just installed my Elbach sportsline drop springs so im still excited.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice, what gun/compressor?
Its a Vapor gravity fed spray gun. With a 45 gal craftsman compressor.

^ am i the only one who noticed the buttcrack? :D and nice to see someone else painting out doors! lmao, you must have a really good compressor! i paint outdoors all the time, i heard that the city might complain if i continue to do it but ill wait until i get the warning.
well thats why you have to wait until the 4th of july. let your neighbors have a few drinks and they wouldnt know the difference between which is getting then higher! lol. I was going to take it into a paint booth but the cost was killing me and i decided what the hell!

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have any tips on the M3 bumper installation? It looks like you got good fitment!
Best i can tell you is remove both head lights and work from there. with the headlights out of your way you have access to the slide brackets you can push pull and align then put two screws on each side to prevent anyone from removing it or it coming off while driving n hitting a pothole (if u live in a place with roads like NY)

Trust me is the easiest way. longer n harder but well worth the time.

· Registered
2000 323i
2,343 Posts
I admire the work but painting a car out side..Kinda skeptical , Particles ? dust ? Ive seen some cars painted out side and you see the small flakes In the paint , Non the less great job...Ps pls OP get rid of that tien and kn sticker...

· Registered
422 Posts
I love the outdoor painting but you guys should invest some time in building a "popup" spray booth. Goes a long way in quality. Maybe just dropping some plastic from the awning that's covering your working area. Idk, just my $0.02.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.