E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 325ci and I’ve been having this issue for a while and after searching the internet I cannot find anything relevant to me.
while driving at around 2000rpm and holing the throttle steady after about 5-20 seconds I get an EML light as well as traction control lights and limp mode. When the DSC is scanned by INPA I get CAN DME/DDE engine torque cannot be set.
when the MAF is unplugged this no longer happens.
I have replaced the ICV and the upper intake boot and also cleaned the MAF.
one thing to note it that the small vacuum line (the one that goes to the fuel filter or pump) that comes Off the F price of the upper boot is no longer connected. And I have plugged the end to insure there is no vacuum leak there.
could my issue be cause by a faulty MAF or maybe the TPS or the throttle body it’s self.

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,388 Posts
I have found this (usually) to be a MAF issue.
Engine (DME) and transmission (EGS) work together to set shift points and shift quality. When engine torque data goes missing, the transmission can't make decisions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found this (usually) to be a MAF issue.
Engine (DME) and transmission (EGS) work together to set shift points and shift quality. When engine torque data goes missing, the transmission can't make decisions.
Thank you would you suggest buying a second hand OEM MAF to check instead of spending the money for a new one right away

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I responded earlier but maybe it seems I was trying to hijack your thread. I think we have the same problem: clogged catalytic converters. Exhaust error code also supports this theory
Yeah Does your car drive fine with the MAF UNPLUGGED? This is the only think making me think that it’s a bad MAF or a vacuum leak somewhere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts