BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Platinum; 2019 Camry XSE; 2010 Infiniti G37S
9,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyway to enable the drls on my e46 (it has xenons) without taking it to the dealer? the dealer wants to charge close to $200 for the programming.
thanks!

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
go to an indy shop, or find some 1 in your area with a gt1.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Anything over $75 is a rip off for programming. Programming does not take even 30 minutes. The dealer should at the max charge you 1hr labor. I have an indy that will do programming for free. Also, if you are getting programming, make sure you check the options and get it all done at once. I like my auto door locks, but some people hate them. Hope this helps. Search on here and there is a list of all the options you can get programmed and the key options.

·
Stay modded my friends!!!
1,360 Posts
Screw drls, buy led angel eyes from khoalty.com or umnitza.com & have them as your drls!!! :thumbsup: (Finally, 1,000 posts in 6 years)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
i want mine turned off but the retarded car of mine won't accept the programming...so it was free thankfully :tsk:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anything over $75 is a rip off for programming. Programming does not take even 30 minutes. The dealer should at the max charge you 1hr labor. I have an indy that will do programming for free. Also, if you are getting programming, make sure you check the options and get it all done at once. I like my auto door locks, but some people hate them. Hope this helps. Search on here and there is a list of all the options you can get programmed and the key options.
where and how can you get an indy shop to do it free??? i want mine turn off but schomp bmw want like $100 bucks for it. i'm willing to pay but that's kind of steep for a simple job though.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,531 Posts
where and how can you get an indy shop to do it free??? i want mine turn off but schomp bmw want like $100 bucks for it. i'm willing to pay but that's kind of steep for a simple job though.
They'll do it free if they like you or they're being nice, but you gotta call around. Alternately, some of our vendors (if you're nearby) will do it for a nominal fee (EAS charged me $25 to reprogram my car for OEM LED tails).

·
Registered
158 Posts
my car mechanic did it for free... took literally 30 seconds...

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
what is drls?
Daytime Running Lamps. This is basically what BMWs had before angel eyes. Dealership charges $80 to program them. Terrarphantm will hook you up for only $50.

A. The DRLs come on when the car is started. They also auto level at ignition and they have auto eveling function in them.

B. You can have them on with the fog lamps and the make your ride look "awesome".

C. But when you turn on your Xenons or low Beam Halogens they go away...

·
Registered
2020 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Platinum; 2019 Camry XSE; 2010 Infiniti G37S
9,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Get PA Soft 1.4.0 from Ebay for $79 and DIY

.....and program your windows to roll up with the remote.
^I can already do that :woot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts