E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E46 Driver side Bi-Xenon not working

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  spencers 
#1 · (Edited)
I own a 2003 E46 325i Sedan with OEM Bi-xenon projectors. The driver side projector occasionally does not turn on. Thinking that the bulb was the source of the problem, I replaced the bulbs with 6000K D2s from jlevisw. However the problem still persists.

Can anyone please help me by diagnosing this problem?
Thank you.

#6 ·
LSZ is an abberviation for a German term that ends up translating to "Light Switching Center". It is often (incorrectly) referred to as the "LCM" - I often refer to it as the LCM as well simply because that's a more familiar term to most people and I got tired of correcting people.

The only place to scan it would be a dealer or an independent shop that has BMW-specific computers

#8 ·
You may want to do a search regarding this issue. I have a similar problem with my 2001. I read a post regarding checking the rear light receptacles to see if they were clean or not. If they weren't clean, then to clean them up. Apparently the substance that needs to be cleaned could cause some resistance that could cause the light system to report a false positive bulb out in the front. I just haven't had an opportunity to check my rear light receptacles. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.