BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

4181 - 4200 of 4495 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
you really think i'm calling the police... come on! the car says it's an m3 and i called it that in my message, he didn't correct it so his thinking is probably if i'm stupid enough not to know that it's a fake m3 then he'll be fine ripping me off. why can't he be honest about it, because he has no issue taking advantage of someone for his own gain that's why.
I talk to people about BMW's who call models by the wrong thing or say the wrong motor and such. Most of the time these issues are made by people new to the scene, or sometimes by people who just don't know every little thing. If someone tells me their M3 has a sweet 3L 6 cylinder, I'm not going to be "that guy" to go "well actually it's a 3.2L. I wish I could find a link but there's this video (I think by petrolicous) where they talk about hate in the car community. If you were trying to buy my M package 3-series and called it an M3, I'm probably not going to turn you off by correcting you. If it were me, I've clearly stated in the craigslist title, model and description that it is a 330, I'm not going to go again and say it. It'd also say it on the title. It's a relatively low mile 330 with a desirable combo. Don't be so uptight. If you like the car, that's a great deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
agreed. Pgib8 is an illiterate.

But wait, there***8217;s more!!!
He***8217;s probably the kind of person who calls 22 months into his cellphone contract to complain he is being billed for cell service, and how dare they bill him for service!

However I***8217;m not heartless, so I took some time and found this for you pgib8

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,261 Posts
Are you guys willfully missing the point? pgib8 is just messing with the guy. He has no intention of buying the car, nor does he have any intention of actually calling the police. And the seller put an M3 badge on the trunk, hence pgib8 ribbing him over trying to fool folks into thinking he's got an M3. Lighten up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
you are all correct and thx Spannerhead.
i was just having too much time and messing with the dude putting m3 sticker on his trunk and m3 grill stickers on his fenders. ...let's move on :hi:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 328i MT
338 Posts
That poor car. Exactly though, why would the scoop even be off to that side of the car. If anything it would be on the side with the air box. It looks riveted in too.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
He prob saw a pic of an old Porsche 924 GT from bitd and thought it would look cool on his 325......but it doesn't. Its waaay too low down on the hood unless it's been re-engined & it's functional...idk. Looks like a Pontiac Firebird w one snout lol.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,261 Posts
He prob saw a pic of an old Porsche 924 GT from bitd and thought it would look cool on his 325......but it doesn't.
Or an FC RX-7 Turbo II... Has the offset slot hood scoop for the intercooler.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,528 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 328i MT
338 Posts
Omfg lol....thats hilarious & sad. Nice hood latch & if those tires are good enough for Jeff friggin' Ricky Bobby Gordon & sold thru Big-box mart well then sh1t they MUST be good! Wtf is the car LTO? Right side tires a harder compound? Ffs...lol.

Tires are the least of anyones concern if theyre dumb enough to consider actually buying that thing. Prob a flood car. Think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

·
Premium Member
2000 328i MT
338 Posts
It does have the much coveted “odor meter”.
I like the phone number as well. I suppose when you call, you should ask for Jenny.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Lool. Just noticed that. When u call, say "who can i turn to?". Tell him you got the number on the wall too.

4181 - 4200 of 4495 Posts