E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your guys' opinions on what company I should purchase my E46 Coupe Strut Bars/Braces from. I really like the Dinan ones, but I dunno whether they are worth the $$$. Any suggestions on 'brands'?

·
Der Meisterstück
2,469 Posts
From a true structural point of view, the M3 strut tower bar and the UUC strut barbarian are the best. They're both light and engineered to work. Whereas everything else is just underhood ornaments.

from a "looks" point of view, The AC Schnitzer Race strut tower looks nice as well as the BenFer Carbon strut towerbrace.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
I used to have the dinan one, sold it for the Benfer performance cf strut bar = :thumbup: I like it sooo much more!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking for the best of both worlds; performance and looks. I want the strut bars to be quality and provide better suspension tuning, while still looking nice. What would you say is the best product to accomplish this?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,113 Posts
Strut bars are mainly a cosmetic mod, you wont be able to feel it unless you drive HARD. If you want real suspension mods to better performance I would look into springs/shocks/coils or sway bars if you dont have them already.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, one last question. What exactly is the point of the rear strut brace/why does it seem only a few companies provide rears? Does it actually accomplish anything in cornering, or is it purely cosmetic?

Thanks for the help guys! :thumbup: Looks like I am probably going to get the Benfer one :) Anyone have a pic of it installed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts