E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, here's the deal guys, I'm painting my PRE-LCI Coupe sometime early next year but I can't decide on the right color and (believe me) googling or roaming the forums doesn't help at all. Everything's filled with ''magazine'' style photos and that doesn't get you the right idea about what the color might look like on your car. I'm torn between some kind of really dark super reflective grey (almost chromeish/ kinda like Porsche's liquid metal color), Alpine White, Black or Blue (LSB or EB).

The second problem is I can't decide on which front bumper to get! I wanted the breyton lip for the rear but since they don't make that anymore, I'm pretty set on getting the SRS Tec bumper for the rear (not the ribbed one) but I think the front bumper SRS makes is kinda ricey so I definitely won't be getting that. I'm trying to decide between an M3 or CSL style bumper and just getting some kind of front lip like a JMS or a Hamman.

This last part also serves as a kind of TL;DR
What I need is for you guys to post photos of your (or from the web, whatever) E46 Pre Facelift Coupes in either Dark Grey, Alpine White, Black or Blue or IF you have an M3 or CSL bumper or a JMS or Hamman lip on your car in any other color. BUT I need those photos to be mostly unedited and from a ''NORMAL'' Angle, not super low, not super high, not from the side... Just dead front 90º...

And obviously, I appreciate the help, if it ever comes :b:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man! :bow: Weird that I didn't find that thread before... probably cuzz I'm still a noob and search results are a little bit overwhelming :facepalm:

Starting to like blue even more after that :clap:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Battle ship grey if I was to do mine
Looks awesome! My problem is most of the pics online are from M3s and I might not like it on mine :eeps: choosing a color is harder than I thought :hmm:

It's your car do what you want with it
I'm not asking for opinions, just pics from other people's cars so I can choose a color/front bumper for mine. I see how you could think I was asking for opinions though. Love the color on your car BTW you mind telling me the reference? Doesn't quite look like AW but that might just be my monitor or the photo. I'll see if you have a thread on it in the meantime

After seeing that beautiful blue orb posted, I don't think any other post is necessary. Damn that be purdy...
Very true, it's an awesome color, but I haven't seen any other coupe that I like in that color, maybe his came out different somehow? :hmm:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Should I just assume orb is the only person in this forum that's willing to help?
You being new to the forum and your tone probably turned members away.

Traditionalists will say leave the color alone and maybe put a MTechII bumper on it. An M3 bumper on a 323 may be a bit of a stretch, all show and no go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
You being new to the forum and your tone probably turned members away.

Traditionalists will say leave the color alone and maybe put a MTechII bumper on it. An M3 bumper on a 323 may be a bit of a stretch, all show and no go.
What tone? This tone? ->
Thanks a lot man! :bow: Weird that I didn't find that thread before... probably cuzz I'm still a noob and search results are a little bit overwhelming :facepalm:

Starting to like blue even more after that :clap:
I thought I was being nice to people... And my question (which I assume is what you're reffering to) wasn't supposed to be offensive or anything along those lines... It was sort of a funnier way of bumping the post, which IMO is better than just going ''BUMP!''. If it came out wrong, I'm SORRY.
I apreciate every bit of help, and I like this forum, I wouldn't say that in a rude/sarcastic way..

I might be sticking to my color in the end, might end up going just a shade darker, I guess it's growing on me.
The M3 bumper does seem out of place, and I don't want my car to look like a faux M3, but I kinda like how it looks in darker colors, it was just an alternative, same as the others. The MTech I don't really like the look of.. It's too ''roundish'' for the coupe... On a facelift it's another story though. Thank you for your input anyways! :p

·
Registered
496 Posts
Pedro, my advice would be to leave it for a little while and see if it grows on you, mine certainly did. Resprays take a lot of time and effort to do properly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pedro, my advice would be to leave it for a little while and see if it grows on you, mine certainly did. Resprays take a lot of time and effort to do properly.
The respray probably won't happen at least until spring comes, it is starting to grow on me a bit, to the point that I'm already considering not changing the color or maybe go just a shade darker, only time will tell. Thank you for your advice!

Is yours Titanium Silver too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not at all a BMW, but a relatively new Toyota Tundra was in our shop today and it had two things that stood out and looked amazing to me, particularly in the sun. These were chrome wheels and this gorgeous root beer brown paint. I caught myself imagining an E46 in this color with chrome wheels and grilles and such. I"ll try to find a picture from google for you, maybe a paint code or something if it helps.

Edited for pics...

Even looks pretty good with black wheels and such.

Color is called "Sunset Bronze Mica" and the Toyota paint code 4U3.

Sorry I can't find any E46's in this color, but hope it helps some.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not a fan of the chrome but the color does look amazing. I'd actually seen it before on a golf but it was matte and it still looked awesome!

I think an E46 would stand out a lot in this color, but I was going for lighter colors(except the black lol). Apreciate it though!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Pedro, I know we've been pm'ing back and forth on this, but I figure I'd chime in on this thread.

There's someone here on the forum that used to have a root beer-ish finish on their car and looked pretty awesome. Dunno if he's still around, this was a few years back.

And FWIW, I'm getting an ACS style lip painted this week and hopefully installed by this weekend. I'll post up pics when it all gets fitted properly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Pedro, I know we've been pm'ing back and forth on this, but I figure I'd chime in on this thread.

There's someone here on the forum that used to have a root beer-ish finish on their car and looked pretty awesome. Dunno if he's still around, this was a few years back.

And FWIW, I'm getting an ACS style lip painted this week and hopefully installed by this weekend. I'll post up pics when it all gets fitted properly.
Are you talking about an M3? If so, I believe I've seen the thread but the pics were gone :( there are some pics around the web of bronze E46s and stuff like that but it's mostly thumbnails, originals are gone.. just my luck :rofl:

Cool! If you don't mind shoot me a PM once you've uploaded it so I can check out your thread! :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Are you talking about an M3? If so, I believe I've seen the thread but the pics were gone :( there are some pics around the web of bronze E46s and stuff like that but it's mostly thumbnails, originals are gone.. just my luck :rofl:

Cool! If you don't mind shoot me a PM once you've uploaded it so I can check out your thread! :D
Oh it was definitely a non-M. Can't remember if it was coupe or sedan. I just remember seeing it and wanting to do something similar since it worked out really well.

Will do!

·
Registered
'03 E46 325i with 6MT & LSD
2,179 Posts
I know which car you're talking about but I can't remember the owner's name. It was a 328Ci, so coupe, and it had quad tips, but further split apart than an M3. It was a matte bronze finish (it was wrapped). Maybe this is an option you could go for OP?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts