BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have any hydrolic oil leak sign? check your hydrolic lines .
Did you check the hydrolic oil level ?

If oil level is ok so bleed the system by opening and cloosing many time and if it still has the same issue you can confirm it is week pump and cannot build-up enough prussre.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
If the pump is working ok then there seems to be a leak internally that is allowing fluid to bypass a seal/valve and reducing the line pressure. Very difficult to diagnose which one is the issue. Due to the design of the system and how the fluid flows, you can have a single jack that's leaking internally and it will reduce the line pressure across the whole system. Top hydraulics is the only place I know of that rebuilds these. Pricey but a lot less expensive than OEM.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Does it happen every single time? Mine happens occasionally that the final lift motion of the entire top hesitates or fails. In which case I time a little push i give it from the bottom and it seems to get over the hump. Doesn't happen very often for me ...your motor is new so it is probably a different issue. Mine is an old stock system still working (205,000 miles).

Just looks similar on your video except your motion is Really Slow (If that video is at normal speed)! Which could be evidence of some problem slowing down everything. My guess is what others have said either 1) some leak is dampening the hydraulic pressure you're developing Or 2) there is higher resistance in the mechanical mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
In first video 00:28. The front part of bow tension fall down every single time when opening the top, it seems it lost pressure that moment. I think the problems came to the bow tension cylinder but i can't find any leaking through the bow tension cylinder ,it seems leaking internally.

·
Registered
575 Posts
New suggestion after I watched a few YT videos, did you check the wiring loom going to the cylinder for obvious broken/ damaged wires.

Wiring breaks are a very common problem elsewhere in the vehicle esp on a moving element. Just an idea, all I got, good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts