BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through the archives here but I am still not sure...

My car is a 1999 328i, E46. Does it have the clutch delay valve? Rob, would you happen to know?

I can definitely chirp my tires, but if it's in there I'd definitely like to take it out.

Anyone know?
Thanks guys
Patrick Walsh
 

·
E46Fanatic
Joined
·
3,128 Posts
pwalsh53 said:
I searched through the archives here but I am still not sure...

My car is a 1999 328i, E46. Does it have the clutch delay valve? Rob, would you happen to know?

I can definitely chirp my tires, but if it's in there I'd definitely like to take it out.

Anyone know?
Thanks guys
Patrick Walsh
i think you can still chirp even with the CDV. i think my car has it and i can still chirp and slide the back sideways when switching gears.
 

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
Joined
·
12,767 Posts
JasonR said:
All non M bmw's have it. Yes your car does. Mine did.
This is not true, my car and many others do not have the delay valve. Also some M3s had the valve.

The best way would be to get under your car and look for it.

Tim
 

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
Joined
·
1,127 Posts
tim330i said:


This is not true, my car and many others do not have the delay valve. Also some M3s had the valve.

The best way would be to get under your car and look for it.

Tim
:werd:

the only car i can say for sure has it is the xi, but others should check:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
tim330i said:


This is not true, my car and many others do not have the delay valve. Also some M3s had the valve.

The best way would be to get under your car and look for it.

Tim

Tim, can you be a little more clear. Where exactly am I looking for the valve? I thought it was on the firewall, but apparently I was wrong. Can you give some insite no where it is could possibly be on my '01 330?


Oh, I have also heard it could be internal, inside the transmission, is this true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
In the BMW ETK there is no listing for the valve on the E46 330.. I do show it for the 323i touring, Z3, X5 and E39....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys. For those that have done this, how hard was it to do? Did you just lift the car up and get at it, or is the valve not easily accessable?

I've got a hydraulic lift at my disposal so I think I'm okay with getting it up in the air.

Thanks
Patrick
 

·
Sofa-king-what
Joined
·
2,036 Posts
guys do you think that a complete oil change with a different DOT (5/6) will improve anything, considering that brakes & clutch uses the same oil?????
 

·
The Man you Love to Hate
Joined
·
284 Posts
I've always wanted to see if I had one - I bet I do

dammit
 

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
Joined
·
12,767 Posts
TheRiddle said:
guys do you think that a complete oil change with a different DOT (5/6) will improve anything, considering that brakes & clutch uses the same oil?????
It doesn't make much, if any difference.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did look at the link above, but it wasn't very thorough.

Unless that valve is easy to get to. Is it that simple to find? I thought that the slave cylinder was a ***** to get to... :dunno:

Thanks
Patrick
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top