E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a bim and I tried to put in a cd but it keeps just spitting it out and only take it half way.
It seems like its just twitching. I tried ejectin if there was something in there but nothing seems to come
Out. Please help have no knowleDge of bmws

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing is displayed on the screen. It doesn't give me the availability to press the cd button to display the cd player side of the radio and also I'm not sure if it needs a disk inside in order to display the cd title on the screen?. Even after i attempted to press repeatedly and force the cd inside it seems like something it is a tight squeeze in the cd inserter but I don't seem to feel anything inside the cd player once Im able to get half of the city inside then having it spit Right out. It also twitches and spits out what it thinks is a cd inside for about 6 minutes till it dies down. But the radio works fine just the cd player doesn't accept the cd only about half of it till it spits it out

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try pulling the fuse(s). I have the tape-deck in the dash, and the 6-disc changer. The changer exhibited similar symptoms so I looked up the fuse panel cheat-sheet and pulled the #7 and #41 (I think, have to go out to the lot to make sure) for about 30 seconds each, then things started working again.

If that doesn't fix it (free, easy) you might need to replace it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
number 7 is 5 amps 7th slot from the left not the seventh fuse

number 41 is the fourth 1 from the left on the bottom, 30 amp

it's worth a try

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry I didnt understand but I took the 7 and 41 out as said and it still doesn't work.
I want an iPod compatible player so I think I'm just going to take it out and replace it with
Another cd/ iPod compatible player??

·
Registered
134 Posts
pulling fuse works if the system is hung up. If there is power going to it obviously the fuse is not bad.

so you are resetting the system not checking a fuse.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I took those out as mentioned for about 1 minute
And then out them back and the cd player still twiches and doesn't seem to work.
Even after I take out the keys it still shows symptoms of trying to take a disk even though nothing is being inserted in
Kinda wierd but I'm trying to get an iPod compatible player
Wouldn't I just replace it anyway?

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah you probly just need a new head unit. not my specialty if you want 1 that's compatible with the harman kardon systems you might wanna check out the forms

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.