BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have a 2004 330xi with premium and sport package.
I have the rain sensing wipers and phone package and everything.
This weekend I left my car for about 6 hours and when I got back to it it was about 100 degrees inside it, and the rearview mirror looked weird like there was some sort of liquid in there with a bubble.
Ive looked at replacing it, but replacing it with the rain sensor, autodim, LED for the security system AND the SOS buttom for the communication thing, its like $400 and I dont want to pay that for a rearview mirror when all of the rest of the parts work fine.
Does anyone know a cheaper option for me to fix this problem? Is it possible to open up the unit and replace the glass or is that not recommended?
Any links or part numbers that someone can provide would be really helpful.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Remove the rear view mirror immediately. It is going to leak, and it will eat any paint it touches on your interior. You can get it repaired in short turnaround. Google auto dimming rear view mirror repair.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,561 Posts
you can send it out and have it repaired. do a Search and I'm sure you'll find the threads. the company use to be Magna Donnelly but think it changed.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
you can get mirrors on ebay for cheap, etc. But there could alway be a possiblity of it leaking again. There are various one from new BMW with compas, homelink, slim/smoked clown nose etc.

The rain sensor is not connected to the the mirror and is separate. The mirror operate independently.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
Replace the glass for $90, it will hopefully last another 10 years, used ones may fail on you next week!

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,561 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I used Sybemas last year and was very happy with the short turn-around (about 1 week) and have had no problems. You send them your mirror, they fix it and send it back.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is a very common problem with the auto dimming mirrors on our cars. I used radar-mirror. Great customer service, fast turn around, and a like new product. It seems like both company's do a fantastic job and have high ratings. Do your own research I guess and use which ever one you like more. I would reccomend doing the glass replacement instead of buying a new mirror because you know the mirror you have now is in good condition and you know all the other fictions work on it. Plus it should be cheaper then sourcing a new or used one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can vouch for radar-mirror.com.. had Homelink added to my Z4MC mirror by him, and later had my ZHP mirror fixed for the all-too-common bubble problem. 1-day turnaround both times, outstanding service and dude knows what he's doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts