E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love my 330 but there are things that erk me. My top three:

3: The automatic wiper setting has to be reset with each start.

2: Shut door, start car and notice I had accidentally hit the trunk release on the key.

1: The Buick-like turn signal volume.

Got any to add?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Verukt330 said:
I absolutely love my 330 but there are things that erk me. My top three:

3: The automatic wiper setting has to be reset with each start.

2: Shut door, start car and notice I had accidentally hit the trunk release on the key.

1: The Buick-like turn signal volume.

Got any to add?
The reason the wipers have to be reset after each start is to prevent you from ripping your wiper blades apart if you forget to turn them off and they freeze to the windshield. Anyone who lives where it is cold will appreciate this feature. The only real complaint I have about my 330ci is the Harmon Kardon system sucks. To have a car this nice with speakers that sound like they're blown half the time is unacceptable. I have had the passenger door speaker replaced twice and the dealer is sick of me, so I have basically conceded to the problem.

·
loves M.J.
5,041 Posts
the noodle-thin steering wheel :banghead:

the non SP seats :ben:

My automatic tranny..Double :banghead:

my 2.5L engine :(

Pros outweigh the cons though, I love my car to death, can't wait to see her in...38 days!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
330Phil said:
The reason the wipers have to be reset after each start is to prevent you from ripping your wiper blades apart if you forget to turn them off and they freeze to the windshield. Anyone who lives where it is cold will appreciate this feature.
Not to mention if you hopped in your car and went through a car wash and forgot they were in the auto position you'd rip them off as well. Having to turn them on one time with each drive is far superior to having to replace them constantly when you forget you left them on and they get torn off.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Poke-poke-poke-poke fan and temp controls. Give me rotary dials!

Lousy BMW leather, especially after only a few years

Damn CDV

Coupe weather stripping that keeps falling down

Speedometer is low by 4%

Lowsy "upgraded" HK system

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
drevilkep said:
I have a feeling mine is low as well. How did you find out for sure?
I don't have a feeling that it's low, it's well known. I've read articles about BMW speedos being low.

Search Car and Driver, Automobile, Motor Trend, etc. for the article

·
Registered
361 Posts
drevilkep said:
I have a feeling mine is low as well. How did you find out for sure?
Grab a hand-held GPS unit from Garmin or something. You can get half-decent ones for $100 or less on Ebay. They don't have fancy displays, but they can tell you things like heading and speed very accurately. Jump on the highway, put the cruise on 60, and see what the GPS says. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
- Have to pay for alarm system
- Have to go to dealership to change day lights on/off
- HK Speakers suck ass
- No 6 Disc CD Changer
- Stupid Cupholders

·
Registered
247 Posts
people sitting shotgun soemtimes complain that they have to pull doorhandle twice to get out of the car

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also love my 330 but the most anoyying thing is the fan. man, this bugs me. Why can't the dam thing stay off when you start the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Climate control turning on everytime I start the car :thumbdwn:

·
Para-Magic
652 Posts
The temperature alarm that goes off at 3 degrees celcius...
The sunroof that doesnt always obey, unless you follow an exact sequence.
The Gas consumption gauge (who cares, its not a prius and we know that).

·
Registered
151 Posts
330Phil said:
The reason the wipers have to be reset after each start is to prevent you from ripping your wiper blades apart if you forget to turn them off and they freeze to the windshield. Anyone who lives where it is cold will appreciate this feature. The only real complaint I have about my 330ci is the Harmon Kardon system sucks. To have a car this nice with speakers that sound like they're blown half the time is unacceptable. I have had the passenger door speaker replaced twice and the dealer is sick of me, so I have basically conceded to the problem.
:werd: What's even worse is that we paid more for it. Not just regular more, bmw more! ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
mike1r said:
people sitting shotgun soemtimes complain that they have to pull doorhandle twice to get out of the car
That's not so bad, at least they can still get out without requiring you to unlock the door for them.

How about:

Poor to useless remote range of the current (battery-less) key remote. We shouldn't have to use our body as an amplification antenna!

Inability to change any car programming without a visit to the dealer. It would be nice to be able to add alarm and enable it yourself, change car/key mem settings (drl, mirror tilt on reverse, auto-lock, etc) and see how you like it without paying to get this done. Wonder if Mercedes is like that, but at least they include alarm (c-class).

·
Registered
155 Posts
locof4 said:
Climate control turning on everytime I start the car :thumbdwn:
I cannot stand this!!! :thumbdwn: I think you can go to the dealer and have it disabled. I presume its always cold in germany. :dunno: Other than that, no complaints here. 100K and counting. Clutch at 50K, Vanos unit at 65K (typical), window regulators (very typical), control arm bushings (very very typical) :)

ABE

·
Registered
42 Posts
99328sedan said:
I cannot stand this!!! :thumbdwn: I think you can go to the dealer and have it disabled. I presume its always cold in germany. :dunno: Other than that, no complaints here. 100K and counting. Clutch at 50K, Vanos unit at 65K (typical), window regulators (very typical), control arm bushings (very very typical) :)

ABE
Got car reprogrammed at dealer, and there was no options for climate control settings on the sheet? But I know I have read a post talking about this setting being adjustable....maybe only european models?

1 - 20 of 178 Posts