E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just Road Miles
34 Posts
OK, so I got this figured out and here are the steps for E46 Sedan equipped with BT.

Before you start remove everything from the trunk, that includes the trunk mat and the spare wheel cover, then proceed further.

1. Remove left taillight cover and put it on the side
2. Unscrew and remove top, left plastic nut from the back cushion (there is two pieces there, screw and plastic mounting plate so don't loose it)
3. Pull out plastic pin with flat nose screwdriver or long nose pliers.
4. The same as number 3
5. Pull the cushion up
6. Pull the cushion away

Your TCU is sitting on the top of the plastic shelf.
You can easily read PK (Pass Key) code from the sticker.

To synch. your phone with BMW BT.

1. Make sure your phone is discoverable
2. Start your car
3. Search for devices using your phone
4. You will find BMW audio device, connect to it
5. Type in the PK you found on your TCU sticker located in the trunk
6. Enjoy
Lucus Do you have a shark fin on your car?I have been trying to get a tcu to work in my car but i dont have the black wire in the picture on the far left(i have been trying to find out if this is like the shark fin wire or one of the phone link wires) i have a blk wire in the trunk but it has a diff connector that wont hook up to the tcu.

·
Just Road Miles
34 Posts
Yes, I do have a shark fin.

I have no clue what those wires are, I found another input on the TCU and was wondering what it is as well; the one next to the far left black wire. Maybe someone else can answer what each of the wires do.
Thanks i have been trying to figure it out cant get a straight answer i found this pic and it listed that connect point as "main phone" so i am thinking i might need an adaptor wire of some sort to connect the blk/purple wire to that connect point. Anyone else that has input please post up (i have been looking thru too many threads and no luck)Thanks

·
Just Road Miles
34 Posts
Hold on, so you are saying you have a black/purple wire hanging loose in there and you can't connect it (won't fit) ?
Yea it just has a regular "circle type" connector the other wires and the tcu have the odd notched connect points (so cant mix up the wires) so my blk wire wont connect/Unless of course there is an adaptor wire etc. this is what i have been trying to figure out. I would give you a shiney nickle if you found out the number on the sticker/tag that is stuck to your black wire in the pic lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.