E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any suggestions on why I can't get my Razr to pair with my 04/2004 330Ci? I recently bought the car and it came with the card with Pass Key # and I also pulled my trunk liner and it has the identical unit to the one shown in Lucas's picture in post 25, image #32. I've tried several times to pair it right after starting the car.

All I get is "phonebook empty" on my radio display.

Just keep trying?:thanks:

Thanks...Barry

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yup, as far as I know I had the phone set right.....that's why I keep trying, thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'll go try it again.....:banghead:

I was also thinking that possibly it's the phone. It actually is my phone from work, just got it recently but that is no guarantee that it's the latest model but I would think if it has Bluetooth it should work.

Maybe I can find someone else and try their phone.

Thanks....Barry

EDIT: does it matter if I have my radio on or off when I start the car? Tried it both ways though already.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yup, as far as I know I had the phone set right.....that's why I keep trying, thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'll go try it again.....:banghead:

I was also thinking that possibly it's the phone. It actually is my phone from work, just got it recently but that is no guarantee that it's the latest model but I would think if it has Bluetooth it should work.

Maybe I can find someone else and try their phone.

Thanks....Barry

EDIT: does it matter if I have my radio on or off when I start the car? Tried it both ways though already.
EDITEDIT: I tried a couple of other different phones yesterday and still no luck with getting a phone to see the car. Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? A video I found at BMW's site (newer vehicle I assume) showed something like "searching for Bluetooth" that came up on the radio display after starting the car. Should I be seeing anything like that since I don't have a pairing button between the seats?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.