E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a factory alarm for my 2000 328i and the motion sensor wiring harness in the headliner is not there! It's supposed to be pre wired, as it says in the trunk. Any ideas?? Could the harness have been moved when the dealer repaired the sunroof/sunshade?
(I'm going to check the trunk for the tilt sensor harness later - if that's not there then something's afoot!)

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
It's there. You need to dig around for it. They didn't leave the wires loose or they might rattle and cause customers to complain so they are sometimes folded back, taped, or secured in other ways.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't feel anything up there, but my fingers can only reach so far. I tried using a mirror and pulling down slightly on the headliner but couldn't see any wiring. I wonder where it feeds from - up the passenger side B pillar, from the front and around the sunroof? I can't find any info on how the harnesses are routed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo! After dismantling half the passenger side of the car, I found it! It was on TOP of the sunroof glass! (Thanks likely to the dealership from when they repaired the sunroof several months ago). Anyway, had to reach in there with nab grabbers and pull it out, then fish it through to where it was supposed to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts