BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, im new to the forums and had a few questions and wanted to share my experiences. I just had the exhaust installed and it sounds amazing but at highway speed it does drone just a little. Its only when im on the gas i dont know if that means it drones or if thats just loud. The cat-back exhaust pretty much eliminates the resontator and the secondary muffler? I think? My car is a 2002 330ci, it being a 5 speed may attribute to the noise/drone as well. I also took a pic to see if my subframe was good and i noticed a very small hole. Ill upload pics of the exhaust and subframe. If you guys can share your wisdom much appricated! I will post a sound clip soon as well!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,478 Posts
Photo 4308 is a pic of the roll bar bushing and holder. The hole is supposed to be there. BMW fixed the subframe issues for the 2002 model year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for reassuring me on the subframe guys. It doesnt look bad any way. I just picked up the car its a one owner and looked like it wasnt driven hard so was just double checking. And the exhaust is pretty well made bolted right up took the shop 15-20 mins to put in and sounds great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts