E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
i dont think the looks have anything to do with the engine in the car...?
I am not sure what your point is, but, you will get from no argument from me about having an M3 engine in any BMW.
What I was saying is that the M3 obviously had different body parts such as wider fenders, etc, and it does not seem to translate well on an e46 four door, at least not when it is done like this. Maybe BMW would have made it work, if they had made an e46 M3 sedan. But this example just does not look quite right. But maybe, BMW tried the same thing, and decided that they could not make the proportions look quite right when they added the M3 body mods to an e46 sedan. Maybe I am just completely wrong. But there is little doubt that there was a market for an e46 M3 sedan, but they did not produce one.
But, to your point, I love the idea of an M3 engine in a standard e46 sedan body. I have seen a few, and I think it rocks as a sleeper BMW.
Also, if this guy is happy with the looks of his car, then good for him. I am not going to add to the rather large stream of people pissing on it. It is his money, and he will be the one driving it. but he will find no love for it on here, and posts like this will only draw abuse on this forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
MJlavelle: you are right, I did not think most people on here would like it, and that's cool. If everyone had the same taste there would be very few different cars on the road. I finished this car over a year ago and have moved on to other things. I was just at home sick with nothing to do. ( I never bothered to mention the s54 has euro headers with Electric cut outs, individual air filters with a direct port system running through them that brought in 522hp to the wheels in its last Dino) but that doesn't really matter, the older I get the slower I drive. I might paint it next year, I really like that white version.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Screw these people! The time and money that goes into these types of things are ridiculous. Im building my own widebody. The color is out there, maybe better a couple shades darker. The extension on the door would really set off the rear. Really like the white rendition done. Kudos on the build! Can't wait for mine to be done!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah it's a 2 door e36 m3. Turbo'd and such. Been my project for 2 years. Started it in high school and bagging groceries hasn't really been the right job to pay for something like this. It's almost there though. Hopefully 2 more months. School is first though.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
You can almost fit that under stock bodywork! :rofl:

It really is a neat idea, and the front fender looks decent enough. You have no cosmetic or performance advantage, and it looks unoriginal to the car. If you were going that aggressive, you need a major boost in performance to go along with it.

Agree that white and silver wheels would look a LOT better than whatever is going on there in the first pic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Yeah bigger wheels would not be hard to fit. It's just when you buy yourself $6000 wheels the wife will want to spend $6000 on something too, and I didn't want to spend $12000 on wheels.

33,272 Posts
He's drooling over how sexy it will look when you paint it.
Yep.

Welcome to the Internet. I'd say 50 percent of the communication on this forum is smilies :rofl:

61 - 80 of 81 Posts