E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,095 Posts
You guys are very interesting. Obviously I wouldn't have posted if I didn't want your opinion. However most people on this forum seem to be very narrow minded in what is "right and wrong".
1. You are correct, you were looking for opinions and you got them.

2. This is a tough crowd and people here speak their mind.

3. There have been some pretty impressive builds here, so the bar is set pretty high.

Trying to be polite as possible, the two-tone black/green just isn't working here. You went very far with your build, but you didn't bother to change to M3 mirrors?

Here's something you'll almost never hear from me on this forum: You need to go lower. :yikes:

You've done a very aggressive build, but the suspension height and wheel/tire set-up is not up to the aggressive bodywork.

·
Registered
723 Posts
insurance fraud

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have s54 motor and drivetrain, m3 and h&r suspension. I could have bought an m3 but wanted something different.
You couldn't of bought an M3, because you would of, and now you fake having one.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You couldn't of bought an M3, because you would of, and now you fake having one.
im pretty sure almost anyone who is putting a m3 engine into their sedan could buy an m3 if they wanted, its not exzactly something that can be done cheap or easy

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
1st - nice idea, but the bar here is set pretty high. Work on it some more and I'm sure people here will end up loving your car

2nd - you need to buy M3 side and rear view mirrors & the proper aluminum or CF hood with the bulge, get the GTR hood with vents too if you want

3rd - don't use some other random paint color, BMW has had a ton of colors over the years and I'm sure you don't even know 10% of the best looking ones. search for examples and respray it one of those colors.

4th - here are examples of what a proper widebody kit looks like from BMW themselves

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I am always one to support people who want to do whatever they want to their cars. It is their money after all. And I will support to the bitter end your right to do this. But this is probably why BMW decided not to do an e46 M3 as a 4 door sedan. It just does not look quite right. Not that BMW would have done it this way.....

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am always one to support people who want to do whatever they want to their cars. It is their money after all. And I will support to the bitter end your right to do this. But this is probably why BMW decided not to do an e46 M3 as a 4 door sedan. It just does not look quite right. Not that BMW would have done it this way.....
i dont think the looks have anything to do with the engine in the car...?

41 - 60 of 81 Posts