BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,638 Posts
No. BMW INDIVIDUAL is made at their separate department at a premium. it will say BMW INDIVIDUAL on the car and it will have the paint done different too. obvious signs are clear coat under the hood.
you also have to prepay for an INDIVIDUAL car.
this car has standard color/interior options offered and packages from base 3 series sales brochure. anyone could have ordered it if they wanted to (Imola Red, manual with Alcantara interior actually would have cost less and as we know much more sought after).
Thanks for the info, but I think the point still stands that a BMW color's rarity (not referring to the OP's car; just in general) increases the chances that it's an Individual-produced example. Like if I saw a Daytona Violet E31, I'd immediately wonder "Is that an Individual car?" Alpine White, not so much. And in my experience, on average, Individual cars pull more than their run-of-the-mill brethren.

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
3,858 Posts
Lets not get carried away-
The ZHPs are still far from becoming collector cars, except a few select examples.
A 100K+ miles automatic ZHP could sell for a bit extra if the buyer particularly likes the color combination, but hardly ever for more than twice the reasonable asking price, just because its rare.

With that being said, lets leave sellers free to post whatever asking price they feel appropriate, and allow buyers to make offers.

From this thread (don't have a Facebook account) I gathered OP's biggest mistake is not asking too high a price, not having somewhat unrealistic expectations, etc., but posting for sale on a platform where non-buyers are allowed to make public comments, and apparently getting into a discussion with them.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
4,189 Posts
From this thread (don't have a Facebook account) I gathered OP's biggest mistake is not asking too high a price, not having somewhat unrealistic expectations, etc., but posting for sale on a platform where non-buyers are allowed to make public comments, and apparently getting into a discussion with them.
Well, that and doing so three times in the wrong place while also being kind of shady ("I found this rare ZHP...") in trying to drum up enthusiasm for his sale.

I agree that sellers are welcome to ask whatever they like for their cars if they're willing to wait for just that right buyer, but if they're deceptive then they're opening themselves up to some derision.

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
3,858 Posts
Well, that and doing so three times in the wrong place while also being kind of shady ("I found this rare ZHP...") in trying to drum up enthusiasm for his sale.

I agree that sellers are welcome to ask whatever they like for their cars if they're willing to wait for just that right buyer, but if they're deceptive then they're opening themselves up to some derision.
:eek::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i owned a zhp sedan for 6 months and let me tell ya... it was an ok car to own. no difference from the basic 330ci.

guzzled gas as usual

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
guzzled gas as usual
I have a 330i for 10 years.... It does NOT "guzzle" gas so I am not sure what is "usual" about "guzzling" gas. My bet is your driving style is causing it or there were some issues you blew off as normal consumption.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm with CylonRed on this. I've only owned my ZHP since December, but I have gotten 28mpg on average over the 1800 miles I've driven it. I wouldn't lump that into guzzling.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I'm sorry, but this car is far from being a "true collectors car" in the condition it is presented. Dings on multiple panels, scratches down to the sheet metal that haven't been addressed since rust is forming, multiple areas in the interior that show wear, and so on. I do think that a ZHP commands a slight premium over a standard 330, but at the asking price, I would expect some EAG level of cleanliness.

As a reference, this guy picked up a ZHP for $3,900 I Bought a BMW 330 ZHP | New Daily Driver - YouTube

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
It’s “rare” because only 3 people had that terrible of taste to buy a forest green on tan ZHP in the first place. It’s not a Range Rover, you’re not taking it out fox hunting in the woods, sports cars are not forest green. They’re not automatics either.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
It’s “rare” because only 3 people had that terrible of taste to buy a forest green on tan ZHP in the first place. It’s not a Range Rover, you’re not taking it out fox hunting in the woods, sports cars are not forest green. They’re not automatics either.
I like the Oxford Green/Tan combo. It's a dark green metallic, and definitely one of the rarer colors

OP, does it burn any oil? I'll give you 5 grand for it

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts
i agree there aren’t many around because it was a unpopular color.
“rare + desired” commands a higher sale price.
“rare + undesired” does not.
bottom line the sale price of any car is the amount someone is willing to pay. this example does not seem exciting or popular to achieve any need to bid high. it may be considered by some as “rare” but falls in the unpopular and “undesired rare” category.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts
sports cars are not forest green.
well to be fair there are some. even a term for it, “BRG”. British Racing Green. MG, Triump, Jaguar, Aston Martin all have iconic sports cars in green.

but that’s a British car thing. seeing how Britain and Germany don’t have the best history. a BRG theme on a German car brand is frowned on like putting a giant British flag on the hood of a Porsche.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
4,189 Posts
well to be fair there are some. even a term for it, “BRG”. British Racing Green. MG, Triump, Jaguar, Aston Martin all have iconic sports cars in green.

but that’s a British car thing. seeing how Britain and Germany don’t have the best history. a BRG theme on a German car brand is frowned on like putting a giant British flag on the hood of a Porsche.
Or the roof of a mini?
:lol:

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
My $0.02 is that except for the few people who hang out here, nobody has any clue what a ZHP is, and they are not going to pay more than double what any other car is going for. The ZHP package is arguably better wheels and suspension, and some creature comforts in the cabin, along with engine management stuff that eeks out a few more horsepower, but the average Joe shopping for a used car on cars.com or autotrader.com won't know anything about the ZHP, and some of the factory options might not even be there anymore. Don't forget the lighting, the lights are better, but again except for the people who hang out on the forum won't know any of this.

I think there is little dollar value to a manual transmission.

I completely understand that you and I might prefer a stick, but the vast majority of people have no idea how to operate a clutch and they will steer clear, and even a guy that likes a stick might go for a high quality platform with an automatic instead of searching for months and hundreds of miles for a clean platform with a stick. I wanted an E93 with a stick and with the N52 engine, not the N54, but the only sticks I could find were heavily used -- more than 12,000 miles per year -- cars, and most of them were the N54. I found a very clean 2008 328 with the N52 and under 70,000 miles that has a 19" tire package from an M3. It is a very nice car, but it has an automatic. Damn. Now I have to decide on what I want, a really clean car that doesn't have all of the equipment that I want, or a worn out car that has something that I think I want but can do without. I'm an old guy, so the clean car with the automatic won. YOU are selling the same thing that I bought, the manual transmission is only a sought after item by about 1 in 10 buyers, Kelley Blue Book once listed the manual transmission as a Deduct from value (I don't know that they still do or not). When I was a kid, the KBB listed an automatic as an Add of a couple of hundred dollars, depending upon the car. Over time the automatic became the base price and the manual was a Deduct. A manual transmission is so difficult to unload anymore, many leases are not available for cars with a manual transmission because when the car comes back after the lease is up, the dealers have found that there are no customers, except for a very small number of buyers. You have a car that has an option package that most people have no idea about so it has little value, but it has a transmission that most people want, so you should sell it. List up the options that the ZHP has that other cars are not likely to have, and this will draw in some buyers. If you have less than 10,000 miles per year, THIS is a selling point. I bought a 12-year old car with under 5,600 miles per year, I paid a small premium because low miles has value.

Go to KBB.com and input your car as it sits today, put in the mileage and all of the options that they have a checkbox for. When you get all done, see what the Private Party Value is. Now, go in and edit the transmission from automatic to manual, then check the value again. You will see if the "industry" adds or deducts the transmission. Also, change the mileage by to a number that is about 5,000 miles lower per year and see what that does. Play with the numbers and options, this will help you price the car to sell. If you live in Minnesota, you will get a different value than if you live in Florida because the presumably harsh conditions would deduct from the value.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts