BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
As an oxford green e46 M3 owner with the same amount of miles, I think your pricing is a bit high. If it does sell at this price to a fellow Ox Green supporter, please send the buyer my way...

For what its worth I bought mine recently in great condition for 17k- three owners, great paint, no rips / tears in interior, maintenance records etc. I thought I got a decent deal and am hoping that the car doesn't depreciate due to its color premium. The spec is SMG, vert, cinnamon interior, cold weather package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe I’m wrong and someone can dig for this, but didn’t the true ZHP package come on the 330i from 2003-06 and in a 6 speed manual transmission. Not an automatic.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,638 Posts
Maybe I’m wrong and someone can dig for this, but didn’t the true ZHP package come on the 330i from 2003-06 and in a 6 speed manual transmission. Not an automatic.
No, automatic ZHPs were offered, in coupe and convertible bodystyles also.

·
Premium Member
2005 BMW 330Ci Japan Red/ Tan interior
25 Posts
I can't believe how hateful some of the comments are about your car! I owned an Oxford Green E36 M3 and thought it was one of the classiest colors BMW ever used. If I hadn't bought a 2005 E46 Coupe last fall and coverted it to a manual for a bunch of money, I would have the cash to buyyou r car right now! Wish I had the extra cash to give to you. Absolutely beautiful color combination. Plus, it's not the usual, boring German silver, black, white, or gray. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,638 Posts
I can't believe how hateful some of the comments are about your car! I owned an Oxford Green E36 M3 and thought it was one of the classiest colors BMW ever used. If I hadn't bought a 2005 E46 Coupe last fall and converted it to a manual for a bunch of money, I would have the cash to buy your car right now! Wish I had the extra cash to give to you. Absolutely beautiful color combination. Plus, it's not the usual, boring German silver, black, white, or gray. Good luck with the sale.
I really don't get it either. I think it's a beautiful combo. Sometimes automakers just don't make that many of a particular combo; it has nothing to do with how many they think they can sell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been around a long time, I am one that has paid a premium for a car because I learned a long time ago a car is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. I also many years ago had a 71 Corvette 454 w/A/C, 4 Speed rare color, Steel Cities Grey I bought from original owner. I held out for what the dealers were selling them for. The first low ball offer ended up being the same person who paid my asking price. My Dad taught me if a seller and buyer both walk away happy, then its a great deal. W

·
Registered
00 323i
15 Posts
I listed my ZHP for sale and got a lot of backlash about the price.

It is an Oxford Green on natural brown automatic sedan. Super rare car. Only 1 of 3 in that spec. They only made 27 Oxford green cars in the world. Only 8 were oxford on natural brown. I understand mine is an auto so that kinda sucks however it is still 1 of 3.

Car has 118K miles on it. I listed it for 18K. I'm not expecting 18K of course! But I think 14-15K is more than fair for it.

What are your thoughts?

Link to FS post below
Oxford Green on Natural Brown ZHP
Why don't you sell it on doug demuros Cars and Bids?

·
Super Moderator
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
6,033 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently sold my '03 330Ci convertible on Cars and Bids and thought it went well. BAT turned it down, they said E46 BMWs are probably the most common submission. I think they are also favoring dealers lately for whatever reason.

Mine only had about 72k miles and wasn't ZHP car and was also auto trans... but it was in great shape and I had done a bunch of work to it. I thought almost $9k sale price was pretty strong! The buyer seems happy, I'm happy, and C&B made a little change too.

I would highly recommend them, it was easy and they were good to work with. Three keys in my opinion....CLEAN and detail the car!! Take lots of GOOD pics!! And last but not least be honest and interact with the folks while the auction is going.

This was mine...

And here are their other results...

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts
no they also released automatics later. those all got the 3.64 diffs out of the Z4 with the finned diff cover.
manuals got the 3.07 with stock covers.

Reactions: VpointVick

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts
Sometimes automakers just don't make that many of a particular combo; it has nothing to do with how many they think they can sell.
in this case it most likely was because of low orders. BMW discontinued offering the E46 M3 in Oxford Green early because of poor sales. an expensive package on the 330 isn’t going to be made unless ordered for someone. Imola Red was a unique hot seller, OG was a bust.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,638 Posts
An expensive package on the 330 isn’t going to be made unless ordered for someone.
...which, to the original point of the thread, would make it a BMW Individual car, which would seem to increase its value somewhat.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts
...which, to the original point of the thread, would make it a BMW Individual car, which would seem to increase its value somewhat.
how is this a BMW INDIVIDUAL car?
my 2000 323Ci was ordered then made from a build sheet too.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,638 Posts
Rarity =/= desirability.
Tell that to anyone in the world who collects anything at all...

Rarity = uniqueness = exclusivity = specialness = increased value = desirability.

It may not be a desirable combo to you personally (I don't really want an L88 Corvette, for example), but everything else being equal, it will be more valuable than a more mass-produced example of the type.

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
4,189 Posts
Tell that to anyone in the world who collects anything at all...

Rarity = uniqueness = exclusivity = specialness = increased value = desirability.

It may not be a desirable combo to you personally (I don't really want an L88 Corvette, for example), but everything else being equal, it will be more valuable than a more mass-produced example of the type.
That's not true across the board. There are countless examples of things that are rare because nobody wanted them then and nobody wants them now either. Edsel wagons are an example. L-88 Vettes bring something to the table and as such are desirable, Edsel Villager station wagons with an automatic? Not so much.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,879 Posts
Doesn't the rarity of the color combo increase its chances of being a BMW Individual car? If OP can verify that it is, it would help (but not completely) justify his asking price, IMO.
No. BMW INDIVIDUAL is made at their separate department at a premium. it will say BMW INDIVIDUAL on the car and it will have the paint done different too. obvious signs are clear coat under the hood.
you also have to prepay for an INDIVIDUAL car.
this car has standard color/interior options offered and packages from base 3 series sales brochure. anyone could have ordered it if they wanted to (Imola Red, manual with Alcantara interior actually would have cost less and as we know much more sought after).

Reactions: shinysideupZHP
41 - 60 of 98 Posts