BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just letting u all know that I attempted to do my oil pan gasket and I succeeded I think. 8 hrs it took me and alot of bruises on my back as i have no trolly... the most digital part is one of the torque bolts between tranny and oil pan tucked away high up to get off and getting the pan out once unbolted since the power steering pump is in the way..,
Got ut off gave it the best clean ever, as is had alot of gunk stuck to it from inside, made my own engine support bar as shown in photo. If ur doing it give urself a full weekend in case u don't have the right tool and need to go and buy one..,,
Mine it automatic and tranny cooler lines where in the way most of the time.
Hopefully if won't leak..
c ya all

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U need a steel tube a U shakle a bold with two nuts and a welder

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi powerstroke.. its cery safe all i had to do is put a piece of cardboard under where it touches the wings to make sure it didn't scratch it. Other than that. Weight load it over a ton for the tube and the shakles used... and thnx paint job that was the only colour i had at the time who knew it would look this good

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to hear man. That sucks... does sound like ur oil pump is playing up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats ur oil level sensor which is faulty. U need to replace it. Its at the bottom of ur engine near the drain plug. Mine did the same thing replaced it fixed. Only £15 item

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it easily unclips just be careful drain ur oil in a clean pan before taking it off

1 - 20 of 35 Posts