BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
While I adore the perfectionism that you show Antti with your car, I certainly hope that when the time has come you will take her out and you will dare to enjoy it as it was meant to be and this car will not fall victim to being a perfectly refurbished museum piece. :)

My coupe officially gets back into traffic this Friday after a long winter putaway, but will give it two more weeks as the weather is not yet to my liking and I need to take care of a couple of mechanical things.
By the way, I like your garage setup, is this place owned/rented along with some petrolhead friends?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
While I adore the perfectionism that you show Antti with your car, I certainly hope that when the time has come you will take her out and you will dare to enjoy it as it was meant to be and this car will not fall victim to being a perfectly refurbished museum piece. :)

My coupe officially gets back into traffic this Friday after a long winter putaway, but will give it two more weeks as the weather is not yet to my liking and I need to take care of a couple of mechanical things.
By the way, I like your garage setup, is this place owned/rented along with some petrolhead friends?
Hello Dennis

I will drive 330ci in summertime that is for sure. Typically i drive approx 3000kilometers / summer season with my summer cars.
In present day i have 3 cars which are available for driving.
Yes, this 330ci will be garage queen for most of the year, because of such a long winter we have in Finland.

Garage is rented.
Heating, electricity and warm water is included in price. We have there also nice reserved area for car washing.

Today 13 march we have 58cm snow (23inch).. and it was -18celsius this morning. (-0.4F).. :eek:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Garage is rented.
Heating, electricity and warm water is included in price. We have there also nice reserved area for car washing.
Wow, sounds very cool. I envy you for it. :yikes:

Today 13 march we have 58cm snow (23inch).. and it was -18celsius this morning. (-0.4F).. :eek:
When does the season start there? When I said that the local weather is not yet to my liking, I meant 10° Celcius max with some rain, definitely not this. On second thought I should have kept my mouth shut. :pimpin:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Wow, sounds very cool. I envy you for it. :yikes:

When does the season start there? When I said that the local weather is not yet to my liking, I meant 10° Celcius max with some rain, definitely not this. On second thought I should have kept my mouth shut. :pimpin:
Summer car season starts in beginning of May, if snow is gone.. :/

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Just popping back in to say this car still very beautiful. Love the extended leather on the dash, console, etc.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Just popping back in to say this car still very beautiful. Love the extended leather on the dash, console, etc.
Thank you :)
I try to take proper video later from interior, if you want to see detailed video.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Received delivery from Beisan Systems.
Next project is Vanos anti-rattle kit installation.
I bought new o-ring & bolt also for exhaust cam sensor, because it is little bit moist around sensor.
Genuine BMW, as usual.

Parts list:

-Vanos Anti-Rattle kit Beisan systems #BS002
-Soft Vise anti jaw liners Beisan Systems #BS091
-Vanos piston bolt x 2 11361748745
-Camshaft position sensor bolt 13627545338
-Camshaft position sensor o-ring 12141748398
-Vanos main gasket 11361433817

Yesterday i took some parts off, tomorrow vanos will leave engine bay.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Beisan vanos anti-rattle kit fix confirmed

Me and my friend installed Beisan anti-rattle kit for my 330CI vanos yesterday.
Beisan parts fitment was perfect. No need for sanding / trimming.
Not really difficult job. I recommend you check/fix this when you replace vanos seals..

Video before rattle fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yPwFh0yeYg

Video after rattle fix with beisan parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBAugekiaPk

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
Yesterday i completed inspection 1 service for my car.

- Engine oil Castrol Magnatec 5W-40 BMW LL-04 approved
- Engine oil filter set MANN Filter
- Interior fresh air filter Bosch
- Engine air filter MAHLE

I did small youtube video

If you want more this kind of content please subscribe and comment :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTeW5IoEBk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nicely done, but considering your reputation here, I would have expected from you to replace the upper oil filter gaskets as well. :)

By the way, going new old stock with those PS3s to match up with your rear ones is a nice touch. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Nicely done, but considering your reputation here, I would have expected from you to replace the upper oil filter gaskets as well. :)

By the way, going new old stock with those PS3s to match up with your rear ones is a nice touch. :thumbup:
Hi, mahle filter kit only comes with that big o-ring.
Mann filter kit also. I dont know which kit includes those 2 small o rings?

MAHLE OX 154/1D kit:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Hello again

Paintwork is now protected. First my plan was to put ceramic coating for this car.
Ceramic has pros and cons. One negative is that if you get swirls in coating.. You have to cut it away with machine polisher. Lot of work.
I drive this car only in summertime, so i think wax will be enough. And i have option to later put ceramic coating if i want.
Product for this car was Meguairs M16 paste wax. It is kind of hybrid wax which contains carnauba. Easy job, wax on, wax of..

There was no difference in shine before / after wax. As i said before, it all depends how good base paintwork you have for wax / coating.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Hello

We had nice weather 2 weeks already, +10celsius and not so much snow anymore.
My friend was amazed why i dont take 330CI for insurance and enjoy this car.
And here you have the answer. Winter strikes back.
This week has been very cold and 10cm of new snow, all roads are in ice and lot of accidents and totaled cars.
Many people swapped already summer tyres.
I have also summer tyres in my winter car, so i had to borrow wifes Renault which still has studded winter tyres. :rolleyes:

I look forward how handling and driving is different with new Michelins in front. Old tyres were.. crap.

Enjoy our beautiful and warm spring :lmao:
Finland: 10.4.2019

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Interior detail

Floor mats + velour mats
Kärcher SE 6.100 Carpet cleaner

Leather parts
GYEON Q2M LEATHER CLEANER
GYEON Q2 LEATHER COAT