E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my macanic did not tighten up diff after diff fluid change and the fluid leak out so the diff is done and i want to swap to a better diff like a lsd is there any diff out there that is not possytrack that will fit thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found on turner motorsport a costom rebild with options diff ratio and lsd what should i go for my 330ci is runing a t4 turbo on 14 psi but it does not spoul up till high rpm what diff ratio would improve my torque for accelaration and what lsd option ? but im hoping i can swap diff from a e36 m3 or a z3 any ideas plz help money is tight

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,960 Posts
I'm going to guess you have a 5 speed manual 330? If so you have a 2.93 now. It really depends on what you want the car to do, be a street performance machine or a 1/4 mile track car. You'll find that most suggest something like the 3.15 for your car since you want it to stay in the boost longer when up in the higer rpm. I imagine anything from the 3.07, 3.15, 3.23 (and the 3.38) would work but have trade-offs. Know what you give up with the 3.38, it may be what you like, but more likely the opposite.

As for swapping in a LSD from another model. We're not so lucky(you can do the M3 but the ratio is wrong and all parts needed are costly). Aftermarket LSD from companies like Diffsonline, OS Giken(TMS), Quaife ATB and Wavetrac are a few. Know that a ATB is different type of locking diff.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,960 Posts

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,960 Posts
thank you very much i needed the ratio options that u gave me ur much help i found a 330ci zhp diff witch is a 3.07 for 375$ is that a good price and is it a lsd the seller dont know
zhp is Not LSD, it's the same as in a manual 323 so not really a good price at all.
last question is a a/t diff swapible in m/t
Yes they all will swap, only difference is depending on which model you might have to swap over the input/output flanges.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
zhp is Not LSD, it's the same as in a manual 323 so not really a good price at all.

Yes they all will swap, only difference is depending on which model you might have to swap over the input/output flanges.
sorry about keepin bugin u but i cant find answers for many qustions , ur right i dont think i want to get rid of my top speed by higher ratio my stock is 2.93 and i found a diffrencial from a 330d witch is 2.81 would that upgrade my top speed if yes would that fit u think the only information i found is german on youtube i found a slip of 330d top speed at 255 km so 158 mh at 4500 rpm i think thats the red line to what u think

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,960 Posts
Do you have a 330Ci or a 330cd? Is your car a turbo diesel?

How often do you drive over 155mph? Is this the most important thing for you?

Top speed is more often when the car's engine can't make enough power to overcome the cars resistance to wind, drag, rolling resistance.

I would not go with a 2.81. That's for a low revving diesel engine. It'll likely make your car a little slower off the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.