BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have 2000 328i 4dr and am about to purchase aftermarket cat-less headers (live in AZ). Couple questions surrounding the whole idea:

1) What should I do with the SAP system after headers installed? Bypass it by having someone re-program or buy a simulator kit? (from where?)

2) Does anyone have experience with similar car and using the spark plug extenders to offset the 02 sensors post-cat and does it really work?

3) anything else I should consider before this mod, or should I just beef up the cat back system and not mess with header because of the above mentioned stuff...

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have headers on my o4 325i. Have an egr blocking plate, SAP disconnected, yada yada. there are plenty of post cat o2 sensor relays out there for your year range. as far as the SAP goes, you dont need it. It doesnt get cold enough in arizona. Mine was from maryland originaly, but I live in Ga so I took it off. Getting that engine light off after headers is gonna be tricky and no matter what you do. get a tune that offers a header option. I just did this to mine. YOU NEED TWO PEOPLE. if you have any questions ask. did it for 200 dollars total.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts