E46 Fanatics Forum banner

e46 325i running costs??

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jp323i 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting a used 325i off a bmw 3yr lease with about 50K on it. What are the running costs for e46's yearly? also what are the costs of some maintaince items like new pads and rotors, fluid changes, and any other normal maintanance items? also cost for inspection I and II at dealer? I'm trying to get an idea of the cost of ownership with the cost of those specific items, thanks in advance guys.
dave

#2 ·
Maintainence costs aren't as high as most non-BMW owners think.

Prices vary greatly, some dealers are rip-offs, others are reasonable - you have to call around to get a fair price.

BMWs only require maintainence service every 15K miles, as opposed to say every 5 or 8K miles for Lexus. This lowers costs substantially, as it dramatically cuts down the # of services.

The 15K mile services are really just inspections of items & not much "service" is done to them. The only things usually changed are air filters & oil.

According to Edmunds, Inspection 1 should run you $274 + tax, & Inspection 2 should cost you $302 + tax. This assumes you live in Chicago, & that your BMW dealer does not perform more procedures than required by BMW (many dealers do perform more than necessary, & charge for it).

So, if you drive 15K/yr, then it'll cost you around $274 - $302 + tax for maintainence, plus any additional costs related to reliability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.