E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine is starting and throttle opening slightly on start but no rev. Has anyone seen this before. Have variable voltage from pedal and only constant on throttle body.
Also had to do ews delete to dme to get it running. Now runs fine but no throttle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E46 318ci manual coupe 00. Swapped in m54b25 from a 02 e46. Changed in the drive by wire pedal and wiring from ecu to pedal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I put in the 325 ecu that came with the engine deleted the ews system and that was it. There was cable throttle on the 318. Electronic on the 2.5

·
Registered
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L and 2.0L Z3's
1,404 Posts
Have you plugged the electrical connector on the throttle body in correctly? Some are tricky

What scanners do you have?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure it was in all the way. I have the cable but the inpa software isn't working. Do u know of any good software

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thinking, I have no radiator in it as i need to go get a few bits. It's hardly not allowing to rev because of the coolant level sensor. Everything else is connected only maf and power steering hoses and intake pipe onto throttle body

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you plugged the electrical connector on the throttle body in correctly? Some are tricky

What scanners do you have?
I got the inpa software and there's no change in the throttle voltage but the pedal side does go up when pressing the accelerator. It put up 2 codes about throttle sensors.
I am pretty lost with it now to be honest, any help and advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
36 Posts
Weird. Does it rev up and stall back to idle RPM? That would indicate that the pedal, DME, and throttle are all talking. If it is not then likely the throttle body is not connected properly if you can see the pedal voltage changes. I have converted a car from MS42 to MS43 and as long as you follow the spreadsheets its not too hard, not that that really applies in this case.

The throttle body and the pedal both have two position sensors each to fact check each other. One reads 0-100% and the other 100-0% (or voltage in a similar fashion).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weird. Does it rev up and stall back to idle RPM? That would indicate that the pedal, DME, and throttle are all talking. If it is not then likely the throttle body is not connected properly if you can see the pedal voltage changes. I have converted a car from MS42 to MS43 and as long as you follow the spreadsheets its not too hard, not that that really applies in this case.

The throttle body and the pedal both have two position sensors each to fact check each other. One reads 0-100% and the other 100-0% (or voltage in a similar fashion).
It doesn't rev at all just stays on idle, I have voltage from the pedal but nothing at the Throttle Body. There was a throttle sensor code thrown but I erased it and hasn't come back but still no rev. I found a similar thread on bimmerowners forum this morning, same problem and crank position sensor was the fault buthis as throwing a code for it. I'll swap them over from a spare engine and see. Didn't get a chance to until now fingers crossed tho. Thanks man

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Changed crank position sensor, idle control and throttle body and still fcckall. Fit to crack a match at this stage.. Ecu is reading pedal and reading throttle body when I move it manually but its like its pushing against me when trying to move it manually when it's running. Re_checked all connections on ecu and compared to another loom, have all the pins in the right place.. Could nearly cry at this stage ***x1f602; ***x1f602;

1 - 15 of 15 Posts