BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been the owner of my BMW for about 6 months now. So I though I post some pics of my ride on the forum.

I bought the car all stock and all upgrades are done by me :D

I had 19" VB3 and then switched it up to the 19" LM reps. Its lowered on Eibach sportlines

Yellow fogs and black grill

Changed out the whole stereo system. I couldn't stand the factory HK and being in the car audio business, it's a little advertisement lol

Kenwood head unit. I wanna try out the Dynavin, but I wish someone locally had one so I can check it out first.

I changed the front and rear speakers. Alpine 6 1/2 Type R components up front and Infinity 5 1/4 Kappas rear. Running on a Sundown Audio SAX-125.2 and a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500d v.2 on a Sundown SA12. The box is 1.75 cu. ft. after displacement tuned to 33hz.

Front baffle is 3 layers of 3/4" MDF

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
though i can appreciate the work, dont you think that box a little overkill for a 600rms sub? obviously you didnt buy a bmw for the performance, so im not sure the reasoning behind adding 200 lb's in the trunk.

and as an audiophile, the only worth while components in there is the sundown stuff. im not sure what kind of area you live in, but people around here who sticker their cars with audio stuff get jacked real quick.

nice car though. im guessing you arent going to lower it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
though i can appreciate the work, dont you think that box a little overkill for a 600rms sub? obviously you didnt buy a bmw for the performance, so im not sure the reasoning behind adding 200 lb's in the trunk.

and as an audiophile, the only worth while components in there is the sundown stuff. im not sure what kind of area you live in, but people around here who sticker their cars with audio stuff get jacked real quick.

The box isn't over kill at all. It's built to spec. A lot of people just throw their subs in a pre-fab box and call it good. Why spend all that money on equipment and not hear the full potential and quality of your product. These subs are rated at 600w and will take over 1500W rms. I have it ran at 2ohm with about 8-900 rms going to it.

I have B6 S4 for performance.

Like I said this car is just a little advertisement for my shop. I have insurance if it gets stollen.

The car is lowered with Eibach sportlines.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
Nice car man.. Looks real clean :thumbup:

·
Registered
276 Posts

The box being buit to spec is KEY

I had my set up (P3D212) running 500 wrms in a 1 cubic foot box and it sounded like ****. Swapped it back into my 1.79 Cubic foot ported box and it sounds much better.

Quick question for OP
is there a specific reason why you used differed speaker sizes out back?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had 6 1/2 in the rear but stock speaker grills didn't fit good. The 5 1/4's fit a lot better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts