BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 323i, it's got an intake, headers, and exhust. I was wondering with the best option is to tune the ecu to get the most out of the mods I have put on it. A lot of people have talked about the shark injector but Ive also heard of people getting chips and such. My question is what do you guys recommend for tuning to support mods?

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
I have a 2000 323i, it's got an intake, headers, and exhust. I was wondering with the best option is to tune the ecu to get the most out of the mods I have put on it. A lot of people have talked about the shark injector but Ive also heard of people getting chips and such. My question is what do you guys recommend for tuning to support mods?

There are No such things as "Chips" for these cars, only software re-flashing.

The Shark really is your best bang for the buck at $350, it will work with all of your current mods with ease. Unless you're willing to spend at least double and possibly triple to get a custom dyno tune, that's the tune I'd buy. Figure about ~11 WHP and a ton of driveability.

1999-2000 E46 323i/Ci (M52TU engine) Performance Software Peak Gains

E46 323 dyno chart HP Gain + 14 @ 6000 RPM
Torque Gain + 6 @ 5000 RPM
New Rev Limit 7000 RPM

Rob43

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Your hot air intake robs like 5hp. Put the stock airbox back in there, then run European catless stock tune. You get the best power there.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Your hot air intake robs like 5hp. Put the stock airbox back in there, then run European catless stock tune. You get the best power there.

Once again you give false & misleading information. :slap:

Rob43

1 - 4 of 4 Posts