E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I was driving on speed holder. Around 4krpm then had to brake quite hard down to ~3krpm and then I just went in to limp mode. Problem stay until I turn the ignition off and on. But it reappears when I know try to engine break after acceleration, same rpm as before. Letting my foot of the paddle around 4krpm, and as soon it hits around ~3krpm it goes in to limp mode. But know the engine braking feels odd. It’s a lot more of vibration, haven’t got time to scan it yet. Any thought of what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Earlier today I was driving on speed holder. Around 4krpm then had to brake quite hard down to ~3krpm and then I just went in to limp mode. Problem stay until I turn the ignition off and on. But it reappears when I know try to engine break after acceleration, same rpm as before. Letting my foot of the paddle around 4krpm, and as soon it hits around ~3krpm it goes in to limp mode. But know the engine braking feels odd. It’s a lot more of vibration, haven’t got time to scan it yet. Any thought of what it could be? Thanks
Sounds like the infamous clogged cat(s). Been there done that.

Scan your car and see what codes or pending codes come up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts