E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i bought angel eyes rings for my e46 318i, and connected the first trigger wire to the ignition, and the second trigger wire to the footwell lighting and tapped it to the brown wire instead of the red/blue wire because the ground and the positive cable wont work (the round ones)

when i tap the red/blue wire with the trigger wire they wont light up why? i really want the function when i open my car. even when i remove the positive cable from the relay from the battery they are still working, can someone explain me this??? so the angel eyes are only working because i have 12v on my ignition
Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Hood Trunk

Arm Gesture Finger Creative arts Thumb

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Finger Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trigger wire needs to be connected to positive wire of interior lights and in gm5 module soft on/off interior lights need to be set to activ to have fade of angel eyes( also your angel eyes have to be newer model)
Hello, yeah i know but when i connect to positive wire of the interior lights and use the ground cable the relay wont work correctly like here Video hope u understand it :/ i already connected the other wire to the accessory wire and it works but only if i use the ground of the interior lights, when i unlock my car my footwell lighting come on too, the positive cable for the battery wont work too like in the pictures above

· Registered
2001 330ci
100 Posts
Hello, yeah i know but when i connect to positive wire of the interior lights and use the ground cable the relay wont work correctly like here Video hope u understand it :/ i already connected the other wire to the accessory wire and it works but only if i use the ground of the interior lights, when i unlock my car my footwell lighting come on too, the positive cable for the battery wont work too like in the pictures above
There must be something wrong...relay or you did something...as far as I know there are wires going to actual angel eyes, ground(connect it to some nut on the chassis, and one trigger positive wire to interior 12v, and main positive to accessory)... Could you send the link of your angel eyes or take some pictures of all connections?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There must be something wrong...relay or you did something...as far as I know there are wires going to actual angel eyes, ground(connect it to some nut on the chassis, and one trigger positive wire to interior 12v, and main positive to accessory)... Could you send the link of your angel eyes or take some pictures of all connections?
the relay looks like this, i think they dont even support 2 trigger wires because those on ebay with fade on/off has a other relay picture but i dont know really because the guy said it works :(
Circuit component Adapter Material property Font Cable

· Registered
2001 330ci
100 Posts
the relay looks like this, i think they dont even support 2 trigger wires because those on ebay with fade on/off has a other relay picture but i dont know really because the guy said it works :( View attachment 966242
Ok could you also write how many wires is there going in to your relay and also colors?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts