E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help I'm about to pull my hair out!!

I have a 2003 318ci and I've not had a radio working for a while and it's driving me crazy. Water managed to get itself into the boot because it didn't drain properly and it managed to short circuit the BM54 module in the boot which caused not only the plug to burn out but also the connector on the motherboard aswell, completely destroying both connector and plug causing the radio to obviosuly stop working. I'm currently desoldering the old connector on the mother board and soldering a new one in. Heres the issue I need to know how to change the plug on my wiring loom.

So I manged to pick a new plug (Still not sure if its the correct one). How do I take wires out from the plug? Anyone had any issue that's similar. Thanks.

Finger Gadget Wrist Audio equipment Nail
Electronic instrument Audio equipment Finger Gadget Entertainment
Hand Automotive lighting Finger Musical instrument accessory Nail
Finger Electrical wiring Nail Cable Electric blue

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can use a pick tool, paperclip, tiny screwdriver, etc., to insert into the hole and release the tab that holds the ferrule, then pull it out.
Re-reply: Only issue is I don't know what them blue bits are and how I would transfer them accross to the new plug because on the new plug I have it doesn't have the blue bits I'm pretty sure there needed to hold the connectors in. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.