BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 02 530i,I do all the repairs and maintenance myself I’ve done from Oil changes and DISA replacements to SULEV valve cover upgrade and vanos O-rings and anti-raddle Kit. I’ve replaced the ccv, then ccv delete and catch can. Unfortunately I’ve also had to learn some body work and painting. Most damage to the left fender and inner fender but I did the whole front end. the point is something breakers/ goes wrong, I fix it. So first, noticing my steering wheel getting stiffer to turn I went with a power steering flush. After notdrivingbit for some time I notice it was becoming stiffer again. I noticed fluid comming from the rack and pinion at Both ends. I’ve see. A few DIYs in removing the rack. It doable I can manage with that. Now my question. Is can I possibly purchase a seal kit for the rack and pretty much rebuild it I’ve heard that the seals are pretty much the only thing you can replace about the rack. Well I’m hoping ant one can give me some feed back maybe a few tips and tricks. It would be highly appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts