BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm turning 18 soon, so i'm looken into buying my first car... A guy i know owns a 98 bmw m3 2 door coupe, andi was thinken of purchasen it.. it got something around 15,000 miles. I also would hook it up but i would start with that in the near future.. the car is in perfect condition from the interior 2 the exterior. It looks like it just came out of the dealership back in 1998.. well i was wondering if i should put my money into this car.. i would get the new m3 if i had the money.. but i obviously dont...

·
Registered
656 Posts
I like them....you can hook them up real nice..I have seen some tight as hell e36 M3's....get it if it is still in great condition and come back and post pics!!!!

·
bored.
1,006 Posts
i love e36 m3's, but only estroil blue with gray interior (personally). my good friend has one, and everytime i see it, i mean just:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

--soheil

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
soheilm3 said:
i love e36 m3's, but only estroil blue with gray interior (personally). my good friend has one, and everytime i see it, i mean just:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

--soheil
Me too I just lvoe the estoril blue with black, such a nice looking car, coupe of course. I would say go for it if thats what you wan.t

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
im thinking of trading my car for a estoril m3 stick of course.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
p0tpie said:
im thinking of trading my car for a estoril m3 stick of course.

You better say of cuorse :D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think it's hot and pretty fast....but
the only thing that is not hot about the e36 M3 is the stupid clutch or was it the gas pedal - forgive me cuz I drove one a few years ago and didn't buy one because either the clutch pedal or gas pedal didn't feel right when stepping on it. The design of teh pedals and spacing is awkward. I don't know how many here drove one or had owned one but this thing really bugged me when I drove the car... just my .02, so I got a new e46 instead

·
Bimmerless
1,862 Posts
the e36 M3s are VERY nimble. If its a good price, I say do it. it will help the both of you out. If your friend trades it in, he will lose out, and so will you if you find the same car at the dealer.

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
the E36 M3 is a hott a$$ car bro. especially for a first car. it looks great in almost every color. my favorite is estoril blue and white (of course :D ). if it looks good and you like it, go for it bro. get it this week and drive it to the meet sunday in valley stream :D

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
get it...my bro has a 95 m3 lightweight and its the sh*t. there are so many mods you can do to it that your head will spin.

·
Registered
11,269 Posts
get it in estroil blue, my friend has one and it's hot. Here's a pic of his car with mine and a friend's GTI.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If you want performance (specifically handling), you can't go wrong. In a Car and Driver sports car comparo of the world's best handling cars, the E36 M3 came out on top (it beat out a Ferrari F355 & Acura NSX to do so).

On the other hand, if you want more luxury, & a better interior than you are probably better off w/ a E46 330Ci.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,675 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:

Me too I just lvoe the estoril blue with black, such a nice looking car, coupe of course. I would say go for it if thats what you wan.t
TiAg looks really sharp too:thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is my 94 Euro M3. Sorry about the pic quality as I had to scan the picture - digital camera did not exist 8 years ago. Darkar Yellow...still my favourite! I traded the car in for a E46 M3, but I still miss the E36. :sad: You can't go wrong with this car!!!

Attachments

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
jp323i said:
If you want performance (specifically handling), you can't go wrong. In a Car and Driver sports car comparo of the world's best handling cars, the E36 M3 came out on top (it beat out a Ferrari F355 & Acura NSX to do so).

On the other hand, if you want more luxury, & a better interior than you are probably better off w/ a E46 330Ci.
I remember that article, there was like 10 top cars in that test. Interestingly, the M3 was the tallest and narrowest of the bunch and still won overall. The key was that the steering was telapathic and a person easliy new the limits of the car's capabilities.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,095 Posts
Quintans-

I didn't know rod's GTI headlights looked like that (of course i never saw it at night tho) thats pretty hot...he still needs better rims tho! lol Is that the parking lot at border's in FFLD?

E36 m3 are a great car, i love them, the coupe in white with some dark ass tints looks real sexy, thats what i would get. get the car if you have the chance, there's a lot of stuff you can do to that car, its great.

dalton

1 - 20 of 24 Posts