BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04' 325 sedan and my friend is selling his JIC full threaded coilovers for his e36 bmw. i want to know if they will fit on my car. anyone help!?!
and if they dont quite. is there any way i can swap some parts so they do?

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I don't think so. Unfortunately and fortunately when BMW reworks a car, ie e36 to e46 or e46 to e90, they rework the whole thing, so unlike the domestic beauties, namely the ford mustang, you don't end up with the same basic chassis for 20 to 25 years, I could very well be wrong tho!?!?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i noticed that BMW is much difference between models unlike domestics and japanese (honda civic 92- acura integra 01 allll the same). but for this i hope your wrong!!! because i want a smoking deal on some JIC CROSS's for my car... =(
anyone else have a confirmation either way???
maybe i could do something like put a e36 part or two in the front and they would bolt all up?? **please**

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
The part that bolts into the wheel hub assembly is completely different....you'd have some serious modifications - not worth it.

·
Banned
336 Posts
Without some modifications it would be impossible. The mounting design of the strut on an e46 is completely different since the strut mounts in a tube that tightens around the strut body while the e36 has 3 mounting bolts that mount to the side of the hub assembly. If the strut body on the e46 has the same diameter as the Cross strut it could be done if you cut off the lower mounting bracket. Also you need to check to see if the upper strut mount from an e46 will bolt up to the Cross strut.

Definately not worth the work IMO, unless you are getting the coilovers for next to nothing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
=(
yeah the rears looked like they would fit... but its the fronts im having problems with (HR RACE KIT) wheelgap. !!!
thanks you guys... does anyone on here with an e36 WTB them instead? PM me i guess... id rather they go to a fanatic instead of some random ebay head

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
=(
yeah the rears looked like they would fit... but its the fronts im having problems with (HR RACE KIT) wheelgap. !!!
thanks you guys... does anyone on here with an e36 WTB them instead? PM me i guess... id rather they go to a fanatic instead of some random ebay head
Throw them on Bimmerforums. If I wasn't trying to part out the very few mods I have as it is I'd be interested.

Those are nice coils from what I've seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts