E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Europrojektz East
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I had the privilege of attending BMW CCA's TechFest East conference in Reston, VA and also had the pleasure of meeting Rob Levinson of UUC Motorwerks (great guy and a great car he has - Euro M5 Touring).

Anyhow, I wound up purchasing from Rob the RK Shadow e-brake handle and I want to install it in my 2000 323i.

I searched the forum and found what information I needed, except for one thing. How do I lift up the e-brake boot? I know I'm supposed to lift it up to expose the zip-tie which I'm supposed to cut, however when I tried to lift up the e-brake boot it doesn't come up easily (I didn't pull hard because I was scared that I'd break something). Is it just a matter of pulling up the e-brake boot with some force (i.e. pulling it up hard)?

Also, I had the OEM black ebrake handle replaced with the OEM chrome ebrake handle so will I still need to use a hairdryer to melt the glue (is it glued on?) before pulling it out?

Thanks,
Navin

·
Europrojektz East
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind

Never mind... I found Clem's DIY writeup on the AC Schnitzer aluminum hand brake.

I'll post pics after I install the RK Shadow e-brake handle. Given that it has both aluminum and carbon fiber on it, this e-brake handle should compliment both my OEM aluminum gearshift and my AC Schnitzer black carbon fiber trim.

·
Europrojektz East
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.