E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!! how do I put in my new uuc stainless steel E-brake on my e46 coupe (2003)? thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
It can be pretty hard to "simply twist" the old hand brake off. I would recommend wrapping a towel around the old one while you twist it. This is what I did and believe me your hands will thank you later. :thumbup:

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,262 Posts
I heated it with a hair dryer and still had to resort to the best tool of all: vice grips. I just twisted it off with those. I did kind of damage the original handle a bit though. Couple of minor tears.

·
Modded
978 Posts
Imola Ed said:
I heated it with a hair dryer and still had to resort to the best tool of all: vice grips. I just twisted it off with those. I did kind of damage the original handle a bit though. Couple of minor tears.
LOL....Jeff (fucy626) and I installed the ACS ebrake in my car. We used hair dryer. We damaged our hands instead of the original ebrake....thanks Jeff! :thumbup:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
Teddy, i told everyone before, should have Simon's girlfriend yank it off.

·
Modded
978 Posts
lilherc79 said:
Teddy, i told everyone before, should have Simon's girlfriend yank it off.
Simon's g/f is good at yanking stuffs off?? :yikes: :yikes:
Wait till he hears this....:lmao: :lmao:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
Ohhh he's heard it before. I told him to tell her to do his e-brake, but i think he just too insecure and dont want to share her. lol

·
Registered
642 Posts
2 hours with a dremel and 3 ruined bits later, I got the original one off, it was a nightmare, it was glued on there pretty good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey thanks for all the help guys!!! I love this site its great! ok well thanks a lot!:pimpin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys I got it installed and it looks great!! I love the new look! Thanks a lot for all your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts