E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 320i Touring
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
When I am relocating my climate control panel do I need the adaptor bracket to put the climate control panel below where the dynavin unit would go. I have seen lots of videos where everyone seems to have bought the climate control adaptor bracket but that will not work because I have a right hand drive E46. I spoke to an auto electrician here in Australia and he said it just fits into the spot if I take the door off the cubby but I'm not 100% sure. anyone know?

Thanks,
Liam

·
Premium Member
2005 330xi Auto, 2006 330ci Vert Auto
1,278 Posts
The Dynavin adapter will not fit RHD due to different shape of that part of the dash.

If you remove the storage cubby (not just taking the door off, but remove the cubby entirely), the climate control would fit there. Unfortunately the fit is a little loose and not perfect and you will see some gap on the bottom edge of the climate control. When I say loose, I don't mean slipping and sliding around. In normal usage, the climate control shouldn't move by itself. However, you would be able to easily slide it out without much force.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The Dynavin adapter will not fit RHD due to different shape of that part of the dash.

If you remove the storage cubby (not just taking the door off, but remove the cubby entirely), the climate control would fit there. Unfortunately the fit is a little loose and not perfect and you will see some gap on the bottom edge of the climate control. When I say loose, I don't mean slipping and sliding around. In normal usage, the climate control shouldn't move by itself. However, you would be able to easily slide it out without much force.
You can use a piece of wood as a wedge. It won't flop around then I painted mine black and it looks awesome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 325ci 45k miles
171 Posts
Dynavin doesn’t make them but BMW does and they’re all over European eBay
make sure you get the right one for your button style and if you want the smokers light or not (smokers package)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.