E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1101 - 1115 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the bsw stage 1 interior speakers and the bsw subwoofer. They are running off the stock H/K amp. Would I have any troubles with the install since I have those pieces? Would I need to buy any pieces to do this install properly? I just don't want any weird noises or anything. I will be ordering the v5 dynavin from you very soon just trying to figure some stuff out first. Thanks

·
J&T Distributing
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I wanted full iPod control, and also wanted my iPod to be hardwired and charging, would I be able to use the DICE unit with the Dynavin unit? I don't like AUX connection because you can hear some buzzing sometimes, and it doesn't charge the iPod.

If not, any chance for an update that would allow full iPod control while plugged straight into the Dynavin?

·
J&T Distributing
3,171 Posts
???? the dynavin does have full ipod control....the aux cable that I have is for video and to use as a second "non controling" ipod option

·
Registered
4 Posts
???? the dynavin does have full ipod control....the aux cable that I have is for video and to use as a second "non controling" ipod option
I thought you told me when an iPod/iPhone is plugged into the Dynavin (via the input on the rear of the Dynavin), the iDevice gets locked out, and you have to use the stereo controls to browse playlists, tracks, artists, etc... Am I incorrect? I like having the iDevice hardwired in (NOT using the headphone jack via AUX input), but still retaining FULL iPod control.

Another question: Does the Dynavin unit work with the Dolby Pro Logic button, or does it render it useless?

Thanks! Hope my questions are clear...

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
Just wanted to throw up another reminder for guys who are new to the Dynavin threads. The units come with iGo8 which, will functional, is a little slow and lacking. Most have opted to upgrade to iGo8.3 and/or iGo Primo. I have both of these on preformatted SD cards so, if you are interested in moving up to the newer software, just shoot me a PM. Have sent out about 3 dozen or so of these thus far. Great to help out fanatics :hi:

·
J&T Distributing
3,171 Posts
I thought you told me when an iPod/iPhone is plugged into the Dynavin (via the input on the rear of the Dynavin), the iDevice gets locked out, and you have to use the stereo controls to browse playlists, tracks, artists, etc... Am I incorrect? I like having the iDevice hardwired in (NOT using the headphone jack via AUX input), but still retaining FULL iPod control.

Another question: Does the Dynavin unit work with the Dolby Pro Logic button, or does it render it useless?

Thanks! Hope my questions are clear...
Sorry....misunderstanding....you mean full ipod control from the ipod. I do sell an ipod AV adapter so you can use your ipod through the AUX IN, and it has power wires so you can set it up to charge whenever you want....but there will be no control from the dynavin of course. I kind of prefer this sometimes as nobody does the ipod interface better than apple....

I believe you are referring to the HK button....there is no Dolby button.....But the answer is yes, functionality is retained.

·
J&T Distributing
3,171 Posts
Now..... stop responding to this thread.....let it die.....its old news and there is an updated version of this thread....Mods please LOCK!

·
Registered
5 Posts
does anyone know what i'm supposed to select to get the ipod/radio/etc working while i'm using the gps?? When i currently select NAV, all sound cuts off when i'm using the gps, and will only come back on once I exit the Nav screen! this is not how it's supposed to be I assume? HELP!!

·
J&T Distributing
3,171 Posts
guys PLEASE let this thread die....its old news, use the newer dynavin info thread.

·
J&T Distributing
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
GPS upgrate

Just wanted to throw up another reminder for guys who are new to the Dynavin threads. The units come with iGo8 which, will functional, is a little slow and lacking. Most have opted to upgrade to iGo8.3 and/or iGo Primo. I have both of these on preformatted SD cards so, if you are interested in moving up to the newer software, just shoot me a PM. Have sent out about 3 dozen or so of these thus far. Great to help out fanatics :hi:
How much to get a copy of the of the IGo 8.3 and IGo primo?

1101 - 1115 of 1115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.