E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for this informative thread. really good reference for the one who would like to buy this HU. I'm still just reading about it. I'm waiting to see where is every things is going.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
is this truly just a plug and play install for a completely factory HK set up? I want to pull out my old head unit, unplug and install this one, plug it in and be done.

Other than no satellite radio, what else can I expect when I turn it on? radio bleed-thru? static with dashboard lights on? no backlighting on the dynavin buttons at night? these are all things I've read and am just concerned. .
mostly plug and play except for the LOC situation that is detailed above.

The buttons ARE LIT.

I am finding that the default settings for almost everything are kind of wrong. As I am changing all the settings I am finding I like the unit much better. Plan on spending some time going through every menu and changing the settings to better suit you.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
24,336 Posts
nice thread.
you need to update the Q/A, like the part on the SWC working Bluetooth now
also the numbers for the relocation console of the HVAC and the link posted seems dead on that answer too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There's enough interest in the Dynavin and this is the most concise, balanced thread; this should be a sticky.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just thought I'd throw it out there....I know it's been mentioned in the other threads.
Those who are asking about satellite radio, If you have an iphone you can stream the Sat feed via bluetooth. I've been using the Pocket Tunes app as it gives you all the channels not just certain ones like the Sirius app. This also applies to Shoutcast and Pandora via Iphone as well.
On a side note - has anyone actually got the video from ipod/iphone to work? So far I can get audio but no video so if I'm missing something please let me know.
So you can stream Pandora through the iPhone into the Dynavin via Bluetooth? If a call comes in can you still answer it?

21 - 40 of 1115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.